Aquarium Controller Aftermarket Accessories, Product?

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much like this thread (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/aquarium-controller-cabinet-product.624773/) I would like to bring some of the community together and see what can happen.

As of right now, I have released a small line of aquarium accessories for the Neptune Apex. However this I see as only the begging of what is possible.

I have built standardized housing I would like to keep everything developed in however other accessories are possible.

Right now I am working on 10 or so more products for this line but wanted to see what you guys wanted? Just like the aquarium cabinet I want to see cool and useful products available to everyone.

Some of the things on the way:

1. Battery monitor for the EcoTech battery backup ( This was originally done by Harry), I have the battery monitors and parts ready just need to do some assembly and testing.

2. 24v controllable LED strips that use the 24v accessory port on the EB832.

3. 24v or 12v house alarm, I am not 100% on this one but want to see if it can work.

4. Motorized valves 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" and 1" these could be used for a full host of things. power on open / power off closed.

5. 3 button switch box, Again not sold on this just yet.

6. 1 big stop button.

and quite a few more things.

What would you like to see or wish someone would make and actually sell?

What I have released so far:

Visual / Audible Alarm System is designed for use with a Neptune Systems Apex Controller. Its audio and visual alerts will activate when abnormal conditions are met in your aquarium, bringing any potential problems to your attention so that you can take swift corrective action. The alarm system will even work in the absence of internet connectivity.
66.jpg

Dual Light Status Indicator is designed for use with a Neptune Systems Apex Controller. Its Red/Green lights will inform you of normal or abnormal conditions in your aquarium, bringing any potential problems to your attention so that you can take swift corrective action.
55.jpg

6 Way Toggle Switch Box is designed for use with a Neptune Systems Apex Controller. It includes four button switches and 2 toggle switches for endless customization and coding possibilities to advance your aquarium setup. Big thanks to Harry.
44.jpg

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would still like to see a seperate 5 x 24v port module each separately controllable and a seperate 5 port one link module. right now neptune makes it expensive to get more than 2 24v ports at a time.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would still like to see a seperate 5 x 24v port module each separately controllable and a seperate 5 port one link module. right now neptune makes it expensive to get more than 2 24v ports at a time.

The 24v ports are controlled, If you mean just to split them into 24v power ports with no logic this can be done.

However, the goal of the line is not to compete with the controllers but to add functionality to a smaller audience.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battery monitor would be very useful. The batteries in the ETM backup don’t last very long and knowing they’re duff before needing them would be cool.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battery monitor would be very useful. The batteries in the ETM backup don’t last very long and knowing they’re duff before needing them would be cool.
Agreed!

@Elder1945 what material do you use for the white controller cabinets? Is it 1/4” King Starboard?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back