OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what happened to Bill Wann and his AE business??

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So what happened to Bill Wann and his AE business??
Funny is now that you mention, I live not far from him and have not heard anything with him in about 2 years. . . hmmm

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone was selling the equipment from his large tank that he had. I guess he got tired of the hobby and moved on to something else??

Too bad for us suckers that bought products from him!

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He posted a while back on his (now deleted) FB that he'd fired everyone and was going to do it all himself, then a short time later said he was shutting it all down.

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dennis Cartier
I have turned co2 on, now system is generating demand
I see ph gong down in acr (6.6 relative to system 8.0)
However i am not seeing bubbles in acr

whats worse is i am getting leaks at seal between bottom stage (mg media) and upper stage stack.
I am draining acr to inspect o ring seal at stack

i assume the co2 pressure buildup is lending to leak; yet i dont see bubbles recirculating in acr or gas/air at top of lid

thoughts?
Oops, sorry I missed your question. You should see bubbles recirculating if you have CO2 being pushed into the lid of the ACR. Failure to have bubbles usually means the water level is right to the top of the lid and the re-circulation line is sucking water and not gas. Assuming you have the tubing to the venturi hooked up correctly.

Your pH is also quite high for an ACR. I would expect it to be in the high 5's. I believe you are using a Carbon Doser rather than a Clippard valve directly? Perhaps turn the Carbon Doser setting up as I suspect you are not getting enough CO2 pushed through under pressure.

Also make sure that your added pH probe is sealing properly in case CO2 is leaking out of the lid past it.

epsteino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as long as your ACR is physically intact, I can help with controller issues. Mainly scrap the factory one and build a DIY one. In the ACR review thread, I have posted 3 different versions of DIY controllers that will get ACR's working where the factory controller has failed.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/e...automatic-calcium-reactor.764943/post-9752903
Sorry for jumping in a couple months later. I read through your versions of DIY for the ACR. But in the end, it seemed like you were waiting to see the "new controller with the peristaltic pump". Have you worked with that new version? I have one and am trying to figure it out.

Oren

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back