Aquarium Engineering-ACR Calcium Reactor

Bracka345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told him I had a 100 gallon tank with a 60 gallon frag tank. He recommended the 6 “.

I ordered on May 10 and I kind of been ghosted, I tried to call a few times, sent email, and fb messages weekly to find out when it’s shipping but I haven’t got a response.
Ok thanks. I have a 150g with 40g sump so that should be fine for me too I hope.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told him I had a 100 gallon tank with a 60 gallon frag tank. He recommended the 6 “.

I ordered on May 10 and I kind of been ghosted, I tried to call a few times, sent email, and fb messages weekly to find out when it’s shipping but I haven’t got a response.

Try to get Bill on the phone. Somehow, I got lucky with just an initial call and one follow up and had mine within 2 weeks of payment. But your experience is not unique, sadly. It is a great reactor (so far) for me.

reeflife3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my reactor today!!! Theres a really strong smell of glue on the inside, im going to let air out for a while before setting it up

reeflife3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For further reference Bill sent me these instructions for setting up the reactor

Attachments

• Setup instcuctions for 6 inch and 8 inch reactor.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 141

mcgaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my acr has been shipped out to me, does anyone have any advice or recommendations for me for when I set it up? Thanks

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just ordered the 8 inch stack today, after ordering I found this thread and watched the video with bill standing next to the 8 inch stacked and it's almost as big as he is. My tank is only 120 gallon with SPS I hope it's not too big.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my acr has been shipped out to me, does anyone have any advice or recommendations for me for when I set it up? Thanks
Get some silicone grease and apply it to all your O rings. Not sure if you got a stacked or not, if you did it helps a bit to lean over the reactor when tightening the thumb screws

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the 8 inch stack today, after ordering I found this thread and watched the video with bill standing next to the 8 inch stacked and it's almost as big as he is. My tank is only 120 gallon with SPS I hope it's not too big.
I bought the 6" stacked I have a 90 I maybe should have gotten the 8" but I think you will be fine.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ur trying to fit this in a cabinet then you are stuffed. Otherwise ur perfect. I was dosing 125ml of each two-part and this thing is getting it done for me. I add media about every 3-4 weeks. But the thing is ginormous.

OP
OP
J

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ur trying to fit this in a cabinet then you are stuffed. Otherwise ur perfect. I was dosing 125ml of each two-part and this thing is getting it done for me. I add media about every 3-4 weeks. But the thing is ginormous.

Are you adding reactor media every 3-4 weeks? What are you using? I filled mine up when I set it up and still have not add any more yet. It is down to about 1/2 full running 4/250 on the new controller.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you adding reactor media every 3-4 weeks? What are you using? I filled mine up when I set it up and still have not add any more yet. It is down to about 1/2 full running 4/250 on the new controller.
I fill it to just under the label. After 3-4 weeks, it has dropped 2-3 inches lower and I top it off.

My reactor arrived early Covid so media was scarce. But I had been storing up trimmings from a re-aquascape. Scrounged up some ARM coarse and some Tunze. Then some Middle Keys product which I like a lot. Just blended it all together.

Just recently got some Reborn. Again, I just blend all the stuff together.

My 2-part consumption was 250ml per day of ESV before the reactor for a 300G frag system.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you put in the bottom of the stacked reactors
Fine question IMO.

I put a small amount of Reborn Mg media there, but I recall someone here or on the FB site saying to leave it empty as a place to let detritus settle. I've only been running since late April and while I have sumps full of detritus I don't see it in my reactor. The top gets a little gunky but the bottom looks OK to me.

Curious what others say.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fine question IMO.

I put a small amount of Reborn Mg media there, but I recall someone here or on the FB site saying to leave it empty as a place to let detritus settle. I've only been running since late April and while I have sumps full of detritus I don't see it in my reactor. The top gets a little gunky but the bottom looks OK to me.

Curious what others say.
Thanks, my tank Magnesium runs a little high using the GEO calcium reactor with reborn according to my Trident it's 1690. I wonder if using the Remag it will go even higher.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, my tank Magnesium runs a little high using the GEO calcium reactor with reborn according to my Trident it's 1690. I wonder if using the Remag it will go even higher.
Yeah, I only have a little bit of it in there now, but have always been over 1500 without much effort. Nobody seems to mind. My Ca is always high too. My dkh around 8 pretty steady. Works for me.

mcgaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have one of the auto purge units? If so can I see some pics how you have it all connected please. I’m struggling with where to put all the pipes. Cheers

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got my 8" stacked today. How do you fill the reactor? Does the top unscrew? Never mind I figured it out the top unscrews, I had to use force.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back