Aquarium Lighting

NicksTanks223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 20g Cubey and it has 6 different lighting options. There are 4 different options of white (bright white, light yellowish white, and 2 other off white options). Then there is a blue and a red option as well. I have a stylaphora and a zoanthid in the tank. I usually just run the blue light for 9 hours a day and at night no light. I did this because I heard blue light was good for growing the algae needed for the corals. What would be recommended for what light to run? It is the lights that came with the tank and they are LED.

FA0BC872-F582-4683-8D79-152AE66ADF37.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right that the blues are the most important. However, I am not familiar with those light specifically. Just becareful to not change intensities too fast since you have an sps coral. If you can rent a par meter that would be handy.

OP
OP
NicksTanks223

NicksTanks223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right that the blues are the most important. However, I am not familiar with those light specifically. Just becareful to not change intensities too fast since you have an sps coral. If you can rent a par meter that would be handy.
How would you suggest to turn on the lights in the morning? Usually they just come on at 11am and go off at 9:30pm. I am able to dim them but that is a manual control and most days I’m at school when they come on.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would you suggest to turn on the lights in the morning? Usually they just come on at 11am and go off at 9:30pm. I am able to dim them but that is a manual control and most days I’m at school when they come on.

That is fine. What I meant by not changing them too fast is to not ramp up one to 100 from 0 one day out of no where. You could have the whites come on when you are home if you'd like.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 53 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back