Aquarium lights for nems and corals

GraveKone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a BTA and a Condy/LTA along with a few corals
The the corals are looking very unhappy an i am wondering if my light in my problem.
Here is the link to my current light. If my light isn’t good enough is there any you recommend? Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Wdym LTA/Condy

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two cheap lights I picked up used from a local lfs for 40 a piece. My bubble tip is loving it and looking great. Try facebook marketplace as well. This is definitely an expansive hobby but you don't have to always get new. Good luck man!! I love my anemone thing is sweet.

OP
OP
GillianB

GillianB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two cheap lights I picked up used from a local lfs for 40 a piece. My bubble tip is loving it and looking great. Try facebook marketplace as well. This is definitely an expansive hobby but you don't have to always get new. Good luck man!! I love my anemone thing is sweet.
Great thanks!

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I get new lights it'll be those. But I'm rocking red sea led until then
Im a huge fan of orphek panel style leds.... This was earlier in the build. Prior to this build (one year old) I had Radions, i can tell you from experience shadowing is a thing. I don't have that issue here. I use the orpheks like t5's (Spread and most of the lighting heavy lifting) but I added 5 a360X's (3 in the current pic) for shimmer and a little punch in spectrum and I couldn't be more pleased.

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a huge fan of orphek panel style leds.... This was earlier in the build. Prior to this build (one year old) I had Radions, i can tell you from experience shadowing is a thing. I don't have that issue here. I use the orpheks like t5's (Spread and most of the lighting heavy lifting) but I added 5 a360X's (3 in the current pic) for shimmer and a little punch in spectrum and I couldn't be more pleased.

Dang thats a nice rig!

OP
OP
GillianB

GillianB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your light isn't strong enough, they will usually reach and stretch for light (not everything does this but its a good indicator).Were those pics of corals and nems current or was that when they were first introduced?
Very sorry for the late reply, I got lost in all the comments
These pictures are the current pictures I can take another photo this afternoon

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back