Aquarium Reseal

Caliwagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So i recently purchased a used Reef Savvy rimless 75 gallon that Im going to upgrade into. I bought it knowing some of the side seals are shot. I can peel the seals back with my finger nail and many of the sides look like they have been abused by a scraper for a long time.

Ive been reading up and watching some youtube how-to's on resealing an aquarium and I dont think it is out of my capabilities (still a bit nervous).

The reasons for the post are these: would the BRS black silicone be adequate for what I am wanting to do? (https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquarium-silicone-adhesive-black-10oz.html)

The bottom seals on the tank look to be fine (assuming they were under the sand line and couldnt actually be scraped at). Can I simply reseal the vertical seams without doing the bottom? Or do I need to just do those as well for peace of mind or the fact the new silicone wont bond properly with the old stuff?

Any other tips/tricks I may need?

Thanks,

Ryan

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always heard that if you need to reseal an aquarium, you should do the entire tank in new silicone, just so that everything is consistent and bonds properly to all contact surfaces.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%

Back