Aquascape after the fact

Carlon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2016
Messages
242
Reaction score
97
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently had to move all fish to QT so I decided to add more live rock to my DT. The rock has cured and now I want to do some scape work. I was thinking of draining about 30gal into a brute making my changes then adding it back. This would be my first attempt a scaping and by it being underwater I am a bit hesitant. Also, I am looking for any suggestions on which product to use for underwater application.
 
I use this !! I can highly recommend it for aquascaping under water !

IMG_2623.JPG
 
Good question..I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Hey Jason, does that stuff work better than the usual reef epoxies? I can rarely get epoxy to grip underwater..
 
It's not an epoxy but more like mortar like brick laying .. its strong and drys hard, for working underwater just mix it a bit dry .. when it drys you can't even see it coralline covers over well too ..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new