Aquascaping a Tall Tank - Suggestions?

SFKINNC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the one posted by ArowanaLover, but I’d make it taller and narrower. You’d need support to hold it together. You’ll need a ladder or a stepstool depending on the height of the stand. I have a 75 gallon hexagon that’s 30” tall, so I have a little experience with that. But it is a freshwater setup, so I haven’t needed to lift loads of large stones in and out. It will be very hard to construct anything in that confined space, hard to avoid scratching the sides and alnost impossible to lift anything heavy into the tank. Use some styrofoam sheets to protect the sides when you’re putting things together and definitely put some eggcrate on the bottom under the rockwork to make sure it has a solid base and to provide a buffer between the rocks and the floor of the tank. You might consider making your own “rock.” A hollow structure or frame might be lighter and/or easier to fit. (GARF.org has some good ideas.). If you ever find sturdy tongs that work in a tank that deep, let me know where I can get some.

Last edited:

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0512.jpg

make it. left side is 29" tall.
LOVE IT

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have it in the back of my mind if I where to do a large penisula tank, make an external overflow and entire back panel with something like this. Of course with 1 or 2 closed loop pipling work also hidden behind the structure..

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back