Aquascaping help

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help Aquascaping. I want to go higher with this and I’m already pushing the boundaries of getting a siphon In between the rocks and glass for water changes. I’d like to keep the base how it is because I have a sea monster of an engineer goby and he will commit suicide moving sand if I shift anything. Only have candy cane coral right now but I plan to get Xenia, zoa, blasto, and leptastrea so I’ll need some islands to prevent being overrun.

F674DC96-09BB-43C2-8CB0-32301C71FF18.jpeg 0B6005B6-AF23-47CB-B473-A95C4B0F25D5.jpeg
 
With an engineer goby - its important that the base of the rockwork starts directly on the bottom with no sand between rockwork and aquarium bottom. But that´s you already know. If you want the construction higer - you can drill a hole in the supporting rock and one in the rock over it. Drill it in a diameter that you can use a PVC pipe as support.

Sincerely Lasse
 
With an engineer goby - its important that the base of the rockwork starts directly on the bottom with no sand between rockwork and aquarium bottom. But that´s you already know. If you want the construction higer - you can drill a hole in the supporting rock and one in the rock over it. Drill it in a diameter that you can use a PVC pipe as support.

Sincerely Lasse
Like regular pvc I get at Lowe’s?
 
I do not know what Lowe´s is and their sortiments (I´m living in Sweden) - but yes that type most of us use when we construct our sumps, drains and returns.

Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new