Aquascaping ideas for a 90 gallon reef tank at my college?

SimplyVibing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m helping my college’s marine biology club set up a new reef tank. All of the hardware is in place (tank/stand/heater/wave makers/etc.) but we still need live rock, fishies, inverts, and corals. Students are going to be working with it, so no expert-only critters or anything with crazy claws/teeth— I was already turned down for an eel or mantis shrimp.
The club is on a budget, so we have to keep the cost low.
Please, go crazy with ideas for this amazing opportunity! Comment/message me pictures and links and whatever your heart desires! Thanks!

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m helping my college’s marine biology club set up a new reef tank. All of the hardware is in place (tank/stand/heater/wave makers/etc.) but we still need live rock, fishies, inverts, and corals. Students are going to be working with it, so no expert-only critters or anything with crazy claws/teeth— I was already turned down for an eel or mantis shrimp.
The club is on a budget, so we have to keep the cost low.
Please, go crazy with ideas for this amazing opportunity! Comment/message me pictures and links and whatever your heart desires! Thanks!
i always like when tanks seem to have a theme to them. such as lagoon or tide pool, mangrove,sea grass bed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back