Aquascaping.... not all about looks!

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smthg to be said about aquascaping your LR in a manner where you can with minimal effort pull an individual piece for manual cleaning.

I have evolved my aquascape so I can pull virtually most LR without the whole thing collapsing.

A big help is to buy bigger LR pieces. Only issue is manhandling the larger piece up and out of the tank. Grunting is required!

If your aquascaping or REaquascaping.... I highly suggest you di it where you can pull a problem LR and be able to clean it/ scrub it and put it back from where it came from easily

Last edited:

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree and constructed the aquascape for my recent upgrade in similar fashion.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Planning something similar in our build.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smthg to be said about aquascaping your LR in a manner where you can with minimal effort pull an individual piece for manual cleaning.

I have evolved my aquascape so I can pull virtually most LR without the whole thing collapsing.

A big help is to buy bigger LR pieces. Only issue is manhandling the larger piece up and out of the tank. Grunting is required!

If your aquascaping or REaquascaping.... I highly suggest you di it where you can pull a problem LR and be able to clean it/ scrub it and put it back from where it came from easily

lol I was JUST thinking about this the other day, one of those things where IF I could go back in time...how nice would it be to be able to pull massive chunks out of my reef bit by bit without worry of destroying it. If my wrasse ever die I am going to pull the sand; if I have some type of major failure that requires a reboot I am definitely changing my rock structures.

What I have been doing lately with any rock structures I have added to the tank is glue in an acrylic rod after drilling a hole in the lower rock and then drilling the hole on the stacked upper rock but without glue, I can then pivot and shape the rock like a modular system and it stays stable (those rods are strong when glued into the base). I have been creating bridges and arches this way and it works great.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of Curing some rock I just mortared together. It will be replacing the entire right side of my present aquascape. The larger pieces will be able to come out and go back to their exact location. No more fiddiling with "where did this piece come from?"

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back