BroccoliFarmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Having bought from at least 9 reef2reef sponsors and their lives, I an say that @AquaSD is probably in my top 2. Good communication, good pricing, stand behind their products. As one posted indicated, you will sometimes get an unwanted pest here or there..but that is what quarantine and proper tank husbandry is about. Overall for a vendor dealing with live / exotic animals and foreign country distribution channels, and a generally unforgiving public on social media, they are still one of the few names to live up to when it comes to true value proposition. I can say the one time I had a problem with a shipment / coral..it was given immediate store credit once I followed their process.

Nothing but good things to say about them.

Fritz

N-A-S-O

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I love Aqua SD. Especially when they have sales which is often. It is much cheaper for me to buy on the west coast rather than from reef shops and price gouging reefers here in FL.

dedragon

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I got free Zoa spiders from them and they weren’t bothered. Never again.
I heard of this happening multiple times as well
Inst this just good animal husbandry.. no mater who the vendor is?
Of course, these were put into a smaller container for a while to monitor them and i just noticed it on multiple plugs, so i thought it was right to post my honest experiences with their coral frags

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

BroccoliFarmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
They do have a rather large and relatively cheap frags and corals, not disagreeing with anyone really just posted what happened to me
i do have to concede on this point...AquaSD doesnt really chase the latest named coral for whatever the latest ultra Super Rare Aquacultured Handfed Monochromatic Rainbow Holy Grail of the Gods coral that are being sold for way too much in hopes of capitalizing on manufactured shortages. They have a reasonably consistent supply of good quality, beautiful corals for reasonable pricing which is why I keep going to them.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Dipping does not stop Zoa spiders. This isn’t your regular Aiptasia or basic hitchhiker. I did QT but they can take quite a while to appear.

There is a reason their corals are big and cheap, IMO; because they are ripped straight off of the reefs in Asia.

Anyway, each to their own. I got the $5 back for the Zoa that brought the spiders into my entire system, so that was a bonus!!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Just thought I'd take a second to post a review of AquaSD corals....I'm blown away. I'm not gonna get into the details but they went above and beyond to accommodate my situation and not only that...they were genuinely happy to help. Zero pressure. They quality of their corals is unbelievable. So often what u 'see' is not what u get. These were better than what I saw! The prices are incredible. If uve not used them your missing out! Thank you AquaSD for putting my faith back in online coral retail!!!
I haven't ordered from @AquaSD in a while because of me upgrading, BUT, I can say that every thing I have ordered from them has been top notch. MY only complaint is that they do not the Acan that I ordered from them several years ago when I got into this hobby anymore. :eek: ;) :p :eek: :cool: ;Hilarious

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have placed 4 orders with AquaSD now, received my last huge one on Wednesday (29 frags including the 2 free ones). Super happy, got amazing prices. Arrived on time and warm in ice cold Michigan, and had absolutely no pests on any frag. Plus they even threw in a free large well encrusted acro frag and a really nice large free Dragon Soul Favia.

I tell all my local friends that they need to check them out when they are looking for new corals. Way cheaper than my LFS who sell a tiny piece of GSP for $45 or $100 for a green slimer acro frag that looks brown, and much nicer quality (tons of cyano, bryopsis, dinos, zoa nudis, acro nudis, and aiptasia).

REEFTIDE

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
These were all the corals from my most recent AquaSD order (not including the freebies) and they look exactly like this in person under my Vivarspectra lights. Couldn't be happier.

AussieSnowflakePipeOrgan-_40_6_1080x.png $_1 (26).png $_1 (25).png $_1 (24).png $_1 (23).png $_1 (21).png $_1 (20).png $_1 (18).png $_1 (17).png $_1 (16).png $_1 (15).png $_1 (14).png $_1 (13).png $_1 (12).png $_1 (11).png $_1 (10).png RainDropMonti-_30_3_424539d3-3f0b-43c1-814e-e284a90781c0_1080x.png BlueWaveFavia-_20_2_1080x.png BluePhantomTenuis-_40_1080x.png Santa_sSpath-_60_32cf1ee6-f0cc-4a12-99a7-b345e6f95f9a_1080x.png WYSIWYGAssortedUltraAussieAcros-_120_2_1080x.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Been dealing with them at least a decade. . . For a Reason

ApoIsland

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
These were all the corals from my most recent AquaSD order (not including the freebies) and they look exactly like this in person under my Vivarspectra lights. Couldn't be happier.

AussieSnowflakePipeOrgan-_40_6_1080x.png $_1 (26).png $_1 (25).png $_1 (24).png $_1 (23).png $_1 (21).png $_1 (20).png $_1 (18).png $_1 (17).png $_1 (16).png $_1 (15).png $_1 (14).png $_1 (13).png $_1 (12).png $_1 (11).png $_1 (10).png RainDropMonti-_30_3_424539d3-3f0b-43c1-814e-e284a90781c0_1080x.png BlueWaveFavia-_20_2_1080x.png BluePhantomTenuis-_40_1080x.png Santa_sSpath-_60_32cf1ee6-f0cc-4a12-99a7-b345e6f95f9a_1080x.png WYSIWYGAssortedUltraAussieAcros-_120_2_1080x.png
Great corals. Fun store to visit also. Really nice displays and yes their prices are spot on and more than fair. They definitely filled out my tank in the beginning.

They do a great job with the wysiwyg aspect as well. Remember when you could see the zoa spiders in the advertised frags? I guess the joke was on us who bought them.

I also remember them taking the pics down from their site with the zoa spiders after many people complained, but then failing to publicly address the subject or let anyone know they are soon to be infested. That’s pretty weak.

Anyone who didn’t have a good coris or leopard wrasse was probably in for a world of destruction to their zoa colonies. As people already mentioned dipping doesn’t help on the eggs or if the spider is embedded deep in the zoa.

ColoredRock

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
zoa spiders in the advertised frags? I guess the joke was on us who bought them.
So being in out of the hobby zoa spiders are new to me, I guess i am still confused as why not doing A QT b4 putting something in yo DT is an issue, is there not remedy to alleviate "zoe spiders"

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So being in out of the hobby zoa spiders are new to me, I guess i am still confused as why not doing A QT b4 putting something in yo DT is an issue, is there not remedy to alleviate "zoe spiders"

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

ApoIsland

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I don't think most people QT corals. I know I have never done it and have never met anyone in real life who does it. There maybe a large number of people on this site who run a separate coral QT tank but I'm guessing this community makes up less than 1% of the reefing community as a whole. For most its a quick dip in whatever and a drop in the tank.

ColoredRock

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I don't think most people QT corals. I know I have never done it and have never met anyone in real life who does it. There maybe a large number of people on this site who run a separate coral QT tank but I'm guessing this community makes up less than 1% of the reefing community as a whole. For most its a quick dip in whatever and a drop in the tank.
I would tend to agree...

OP
RBarth

RBarth

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I actually do have a coral qt tank. When I decided to get back in the hobby I decided to go all in!

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
BRS

What do you use?

• Gfo

Votes: 23 6.6%
  • Carbon

Votes: 128 36.8%
  • Carbon & GFO

Votes: 113 32.5%
  • Water changes

Votes: 238 68.4%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF