Archon Controller - Video Series

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the controller? It has been on the setup page for several months.

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did it yesterday, but it wasn't there.

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, let me rephrase that, I bought the archon back in June, but didn't try to set it up until yesterday.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaaahhhhh.... your files on the drive are very old if u didn't update them.
Please go check out the other thread. You need to do some updating.

And seriously. New reef toy arrives and u let it sit for 6 months?

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to get the tank set up first! And yes, it took 6 months (actually it was longer than that...) to get the tank running.

What's the other thread?

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. No worries man.

I got my forums mixed. This thread here was really just for videos. There is a very large one on reef central. Bottom line is you need some serious updates. I'll pm u some updates

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hogan, I have done the same thing. That's the reason I asked the question. I started my tank build in 2008 and have put the first fish in just a week ago. So I had things for several years before I finally go to use them.

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is pretty easy. Just need some logical thinking. It is definatly easier imo than some apex programming.

Ben. I love the blue. Did you do that in the style sheet? If so, lmk. I'd love that.

Lindsay,

Sorry so long for the reply to this!! I was redoing all my style.css changes today while I had the USB out to update my www folder. It seems the style.css is part of the webpage updates so all this gets overwritten.

I tried to post the changes, but the forum software doesn't like all the hashtags (every color in the style starts with a #). Let me know if you want that style sheet and I can email it to you. Of course, they'll probably only be temporary as the style sheet seems to get replaced each webpage update.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris,

at this point, the best way to change the background is to just rename the image you want to the name of the current background image. and I think it will be obsoleted here before too long when Cloud has been implemented.

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get the background image to stay from update to update, just the rest of the eye candy (different font, gradient in the menu bar, etc) resets every update.

Looking forward to the Cloud access.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW. it has been a while. Here are two new videos on My archon setup. I hope you find them useful. Does anyone want to see anything specific on programming?

Covers home, Inputs and Setup page

also on the System Page

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lindsey would you be interested in doing a video to show how to program the DP1? I have 4 of them and can't seem to be able to get them to work the way I want.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lindsey would you be interested in doing a video to show how to program the DP1? I have 4 of them and can't seem to be able to get them to work the way I want.

CRS, I would LOVE to but I dont have any of hte DP1 in my arsenal. Let me go thru and see if I can do it with a vitrual or one of my empty channels.

I also owe you guys a Multi Controller how to video.

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent up my archon yesterday! I'm sure I'll have questions as I dig into it.

tjsmk8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pickupman66, I noticed a post of yours in a sale thread for an Archon. I just happen to be the buyer of that unit. Thanks for assistance offer - I'll likely take you up on that at some point. As for now, do you recommend any sort of reset when I get started since this is a used unit? I don't know if a reset is even possible, but I thought it might be best to start with the factory defaults. Thanks

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pickupman66, I noticed a post of yours in a sale thread for an Archon. I just happen to be the buyer of that unit. Thanks for assistance offer - I'll likely take you up on that at some point. As for now, do you recommend any sort of reset when I get started since this is a used unit? I don't know if a reset is even possible, but I thought it might be best to start with the factory defaults. Thanks

On the system page under power options is the Factory Reset. this will remove all programming and modules. when it reboots, it will pick all attached modules and then you can begin programming from Scratch.
Capture.PNG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back