Arch's Tank Build

Archibald J McLauchlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had a large outdoor pond and a fish fascination but a couple months ago my friend @ReeferRayl took me to RAP in Orlando and got me hooked on corals. I managed to win 20lbs of sand at the raffle so that was my sign that I had to build a tank. Well a couple weeks go by and I purchased a SCA 90 gallon 36x24x24. I am pacing myself on this build but figured if I share my build on here it may help me progress with a little extra guidance along the way. Still left for me to purchase are wave pumps, return pump, skimmer, and lights. Skimmer I am leaning towards eshopps s200, lights I am open to ideas mainly thinking LED, wave pumps either 2 mp40qds or 2 xf350s, and return pump vectra M2. I am always open to more knowledge and suggestions. Thank you for reading.
20190628_003810.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your permission, I will move this over to the members tank forum to serve as your build thread. It looks like you're off to a great start by the way!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Patience is a good thing in reefing. It sounds like you are off to a good start. We’re glad you’re here!

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Nice start!
It is good to be addicted to something and this hobby is as good as it gets.
Keep going slow and steady. When you think you are ready for the next step, stop, and take a moment to reevaluate your next steps even though you think you have already thought things out. Different answers may reveal themselves with time.
Hit the Like button and Share often!

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity... What type of top coating have you decided on? Remember, this will be a moist and sometimes wet environment most of the time.

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recommend you seal all edges. Water getting to the end grain of any wood, particularly the support, will eventually be a big problem. Even when you think you have coated everything well water finds a way to serve a fat piece of humble pie.
Tank stand.jpg

Last edited:

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the daughter the Red Sea E-170 and it came with the new Red Sea Reef LED 90 lights. Our LFS has been running them for a month and a half now on 2 of their Red Sea Max tanks and all the corals are doing really good. Red Sea has the spectrums set up perfectly for corals. IMO.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back