Are Pinto Seahorses that Amazing?

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw the pricey Pintos from OR...well didn't actually see them....saw their listing and am curious.

Does anyone have them? Are they worth the price? If you have them please post a pic.!

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t figured out how or why some vendors name them or charge more for different colors... Mine change colors anyway depending on mood or what they are hitched to, I dunno: perhaps some have the ability for a wider range of colors .... Try Allyssa at Seahorse Savvy, she gives great advice and sold me some prime specimens at a reasonable price

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t buy them. The colorations can vary greatly based on husbandry.

I would buy from a reputable breeder.

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad you were not on Wine Wednesday with the Whisperer this past Wednesday as Dan Underwood was talking about piebalds. Like buying coloured seahorses, they may not stay the way you buy them.
I think there are more piebalds staying piebalds than say a red seahorse staying red, but it is still a gamble that they will remain piebald, or at least with the starting coloration and intensity.
If you want to scroll through the recording, it is at

OP
OP
Charles4400

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad you were not on Wine Wednesday with the Whisperer this past Wednesday as Dan Underwood was talking about piebalds. Like buying coloured seahorses, they may not stay the way you buy them.
I think there are more piebalds staying piebalds than say a red seahorse staying red, but it is still a gamble that they will remain piebald, or at least with the starting coloration and intensity.
If you want to scroll through the recording, it is at

Thanks for linking that rayjaw it was a great podcast/video!

So what I got out of it was that sometimes they do keep their patterns/coloration and sometimes they don't and we are not exactly sure why!

It was interesting to hear their discussion about it. Is that Dan from seahorsesource in the vid?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back