• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Are these dime to quarter size??

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is ridiculous.

First, they are NOT foot boogers. JBs grow like weeds in my tank.

Second, I have had many sales here on R2R before COVID. This is my first sale after, and the only thing I did differently this time is ship them with a cold pack instead of heat pack because this time I am shipping in summer.

Third, almost ever person I have shipped to has requested that they be loose instead of attached to rubble/plug to reduce chances of damaging the mushroom in shipment.

I also sent him 3 mushrooms instead of the 2 he bought. I sent him the third because I was curious on why some of my mushrooms have white in them. I wanted to find out if it is a color morph, or if they are not getting something they need in my tank.

I am not a vendor, just someone that has a lot of Jawbreakers and am selling some to buy new things for my 30 gallon tank. So I am by no means an expert, but do my best to do things right.

I talked with for more than a week before shipment, and messaged him a few hours after he received them asking how they were. I get a message today, 24 hours after he received them saying how he is disappointed in what he received and that he is pondering a charge back and messaging mods here on R2R.

I sent him a reply and then find out when he tagged me that he created this thread.

PXL_20220713_001815777.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is ridiculous.

First, they are NOT foot boogers. I have no need to ship BS like that. See attached picture. JBs grow like weeds in my tank.

Second, I have had many sales here on R2R before COVID. This is my first sale after, and the only thing I did differently this time is ship them with a cold pack instead of heat pack because this time I am shipping in summer.

Third, almost ever person I have shipped to has requested that they be loose instead of attached to rubble/plug to reduce chances of damaging the mushroom in shipment.

I also sent him 3 mushrooms instead of the 2 he bought. I sent him the third because I was curious on why some of my mushrooms have white in them. I wanted to find out if it is a color morph, or if they are not getting something they need in my tank.

I am not a vendor, just someone that has a lot of Jawbreakers and am selling some to buy new things for my 30 gallon tank. So I am by no means an expert, but do my best to do things right.

I talked with for more than a week before shipment, and messaged him a few hours after he received them asking how they were. I get a message today, 24 hours after he received them saying how he is disappointed in what he received and that he is pondering a charge back and messaging mods here on R2R.

I sent him a reply and then find out when he tagged me that he created this thread.
Chill out homeslice There is a much better way to speak to the customer and others chiming in.

People (myself included) have just shared our experiences with what "we" have received and what "we" see from the pics.

All of this based on the pics the OP posted of the tee-niny little things in the cups. Yes, I get pics do not always do justice.

My suggestion first off, would be to approach this group with a simple explanation, like "this is what I typically see when I ship the shrooms I gorw. They do shrink up quite a bit, so give them time to get used to the tank and expand". In addition, I see where it may have been requested to have them shipped not on something. I was just giving my experience on what "I" have received over the years.

Second, all we can do is to provide our experiences with the OP. I get it may not be "correct" for you, but again, just sharing our experiences.

Third, at this point, I feel this needs to be moved to the vendor feedback area or a new thread started over there, so you 2 can work this out.

Forth, with that said, I will ask the #MODS to look into the moving this over to where it needs to be now, since you and the OP need to work this out.

Lastly, and I cannot stress this enough. Most everything said was from someones personal experience. Those experiences may differ among us and differ for you. Think about this for a sec, get your thoughts together and the approach this as one should with some respect and a little nicer explanation of this.

Last edited:

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow your roll.. nobody's attacking you.

For Your information and future shipping, True JB are a Nightmare to get attached to rubble. Some never will again once they let loose and will essentially roll around until they injure themselves and die.

A great way to ship them on rubble, is a dab of glue securing them to the bottom, or a small square of Styrofoam which is then inverted in the water.

OP
OP
Jhav89

Jhav89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is ridiculous.

First, they are NOT foot boogers. I have no need to ship BS like that. See attached picture. JBs grow like weeds in my tank.

I paid for 2 mushrooms between dime and quarter sized. I received one at correct size and 2 at pin head or maybe thumbtack size(that would be VERY generous), one mushroom of 3 sent being a freebie, to be clear. I waited 24 hours, just to be totally sure it wasnt by some miracle going to be the rightnsize over night. I doubly wanted to make sure to check with the community and gather their thoughts and experiences before making a choice as to how to proceed.

I have been clear and respectful in communicating my concern and dissatisfaction. I do not feel the same respect has been reciprocated, unfortunately.

I also want it to be known I never requested them loose, but was told that is how they would ship. Okay fine no problem there either.

My ONLY issue is the size of the one jawbreaker. I have attempted to see how @will25u would like to resolve the situation. Instead I was patronized and told my observations were incorrect and I needed to wait.

Waiting is NOT an option as the size of one of the purchased mushrooms is incorrect to what was described.

A partial refund would be acceptable to me, being that a freebie was given, and that I did receive a LIVE coral, even though one mushroom is not the size as described.

Albiet it is going to be a good bit of patience and luck keeping these pin head shrooms alive.

I do not wish to seek a complete refund as one item arrived as described by seller.

OP
OP
Jhav89

Jhav89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seller has requested (in PM) I wait one week for the two tiny jawbreakers to fully expand before moving forward with a resolution.

I have agreed to post updated pictures with size comparisons, both here for transparency and in PM to seller 7/28/22.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back