Are these Dinos? Is it making my water cloudy? Is it causing my carpet nem to hide?

Dalibongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

So my individual questions are all kind of linked to general water quality. All of my parameters are testing completely within range. However, my nitrates are about 3ppm and I have undetectable levels of phosphates.

The tank is about 2.5 months old at this point in time. Everything in it seems to be happy and healthy. I added a new carpet nem a few days ago on a rock and it has since crawled from my original placement into a cave and has stayed there.

Is it because of the Dino outbreak and murky water? Any thoughts as to what it is?
IMG_0186.jpeg
IMG_0186.jpeg
IMG_0187.jpeg
IMG_0185.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a combination of dinos and a bacterial bloom. Has anything rotten recently? When did you last clean your mechanical filter?

I'd start dosing phosphates. A UV might fix both depending on the kind of dinos.

OP
OP
D

Dalibongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a combination of dinos and a bacterial bloom. Has anything rotten recently? When did you last clean your mechanical filter?

I'd start dosing phosphates. A UV might fix both depending on the kind of dinos.
Not that I know of. The tank does have that ocean smell but to the best of my knowledge everything is still alive unless I had a snail die on me. As far as the filter socks I change them every 3 days. Currently running a UV to try and clean up the bloom.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people say that an anemone should not be added to a tank that is younger than 6 months or even older.

The nem looks sickly to me and may need to be treated with antibiotics (not my experience) but I don’t recall what medication is recommended?

If you can get a good picture of the anemone that would be helpful, especially if you can get it out from the cave so it’s mouthparts are visible.

I’m having a mental block on who recommends treatment for these, or reefers who have them on here. Use the search function and see if you can find pictures and information about them because the nem is easy to see where you are at. GL

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back