Are these diodes burnt?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sjvickery
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sjvickery

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Muncie
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the lens looked burnt on my AI Prime so I pulled it off. Could anyone tell me if the actual diodes are bad or just the lens? Thank you!
IMG_3035.jpeg
 
does it have a funky smell like its burnt?
 
definitely some heat damage all around, but I'd just turn it on and see if they light up or not
 
definitely some heat damage all around, but I'd just turn it on and see if they light up or not
Been a while since I’ve used this light cause I’ve had the tank down so I forgot you could control each spectrum individually in demo mode. All came on when I tested, so should be good! At least for now
 
Not burnt, no. But there is certainly some water damage.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new