Are these fish compatible?

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to look it up myself, but I also understand a lot of it also depends on the individual temperament of the fish. But, I wanted to make sure I wasn't setting up a particular fish into getting bullied and stressed to death.

2 ocellaris clowns
1 midas blenny
1 possum wrasse
1 coral beauty

Thank you :)

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish will get along. Make sure you have a lid on the tank because the wrasse is a jumper, and coral beautys may pick on corals occasionally.
Thank you! I already have a mesh top lid because I didn't want to worry about any fish jerky on the floor. :)
I know tops ruin the appeal of rimless tanks, but safety first right?

And I'm aware of the possibility of the CB picking on corals, and decided it's a gamble I'm willing to take.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I already have a mesh top lid because I didn't want to worry about any fish jerky on the floor. :)
I know tops ruin the appeal of rimless tanks, but safety first right?

And I'm aware of the possibility of the CB picking on corals, and decided it's a gamble I'm willing to take.
Many people keep coral beauties in their reef tanks. The damage they inflict on corals is usually mild and only a problem if the tank has small frags.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people keep coral beauties in their reef tanks. The damage they inflict on corals is usually mild and only a problem if the tank has small frags.
Thank you! I'll keep that in mind :)

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherub is smaller. Midas can be bossy too but doesn’t need so much space. Maybe some Goby like Watchman?

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherub is smaller. Midas can be bossy too but doesn’t need so much space. Maybe some Goby like Watchman?
Not interested in a watchman goby/shrimp combo. Might look at the cherub then :)

Thank you!

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compatibility is fine. I wouldn't do an angel in a 35, although others might disagree.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions?
23.6"×15"×17.7"

Thank you for being so helpful! I know I probably seem childish for wanting a particular type of fish, but I also don’t see the point of owning fish that don’t make me happy just to stock my tank.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
23.6"×15"×17.7"

Thank you for being so helpful! I know I probably seem childish for wanting a particular type of fish, but I also don’t see the point of owning fish that don’t make me happy just to stock my tank.
That's tough. I wouldn't. Although, the cherubs come in very small, so you could see how it does after a year or so. If it gets too aggressive or neurotic, rehome it.

Many people would say go ahead. I'm more conservative than most on tank sizes.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's tough. I wouldn't. Although, the cherubs come in very small, so you could see how it does after a year or so. If it gets too aggressive or neurotic, rehome it.

Many people would say go ahead. I'm more conservative than most on tank sizes.

Good luck.
Ok thank you! And honestly, we need conservative stockers to remind us we wouldn’t want to live in a small house or with 10 people. :)

Back