Are these fish eggs?

Nancylarsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180g saltwater tank. I bought it 6 weeks ago. It was already a 3 year established tank. So far everything survived the moved. As well as a few new editions. We have three clowns, 2 blue damsels, 2 black damsels, 2 white striped damsels, 1 yellow tang, 1 mandarin dragonet, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 chocolate chip starfish, 1 conch, 4 turbo snails, several hermits, 1 peppermint shrimp and two blood shrimp. Everyone gets along. Water levels are spot on. Tonight I was looking for my dragonet and noticed what looks like a smooth, round, white ball attached to a rock. None of the fish seem to be "protecting" it or attacking it. Can anyone please help identify it?

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sponges are good filter feeders and a good sign of a thriving tank. It may have gotten bigger so you are just now noticing it. There is a very good chance you have more in your tank. Happy reefing! :)

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go with sponge. The only fish you have that would spawn are the damsels and this is what damsel eggs look like. They also guard the eggs.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back