Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. My name is Adele and after experimenting with a few gateway accessing, without a membership, I started using R2R frequently as a member. Then came creating yet another PW to recall, username profile, build thread...Supporter financing. Next thing I know I was using every opportunity I could get. First thing in the morning, then when I get to work (with my cursor hovering over the minimize button in case the boss came around) , then when I get home the cycle was unbreakable. But the 'high' of knowledge and amusement (in threads like these) is worth the time.

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first step is admitting we have have a problem.. [emoji16] Yes, my wife asked me again yesterday "are you on that reef forum again??" I think I spend more time on here now than I do watching TV... However, NCAA football is less than a month away, so I may be on slightly less on Saturdays!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife says i'm addicted to r2r.Sense discovering r2r I find my self trolling this site more than I watch or maintain my tank,Like an alcoholic one thread (drink) is to many and 100 in not enough.I actually find myself rushing home to check the days posts.Is this a problem that needs an intervention?Should I start a 12 step program in the basement of my local church?I also wonder if i'm the only one experiencing this problem and how many members if any feel they have a the same problem.It would be nice to know I am not dealing with this demon alone.Maybe one day I will here the words hiiiiiiiiiiii mike and know I have the support my wife thinks I need.
Hmm.. @mike werner joined around 215 days ago and has 1051 posts. Average around 5 posts per day.

@Brew12 joined around 700 days ago and has 12,500 posts. Average around 18 posts per day.

Yup... you have a problem!!!! :p

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Ruben and I'm addicted to R2R and to my reef tank. At work, I open R2R on my computer an start checking the new member thread to give them the welcome, after that then I start searching for all new threads. But the funny part is that I have my orders coming to my work instead of my house so when everybody see a box with my name on it, the said, " Ruben, Another fish??? I'm going to call your wife to see if she knows all those boxes coming here". Anyway, when my wife got home from work she goes straight to the fish tank and start searching for new corals or fish... LOL

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife calls it my "stupid fish game". Lol. I think it's because I used to play racing rivals on my phone a lot at night, she was always giving me crap about the stupid racing game. Then I started to say, I'm not on my racing game, it's fish!

Anyways, yeah I'm pretty bad. Gotta check through it every 10 mins or so when I'm not too busy to remember. The struggle is real! At least it doesn't cost money, well besides the ideas we get from here and all the can't miss live sales.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like a river monster, I lurk in the shadows waiting to pounce on a juicy thread.

In other words I'm here all day, reading a lot and posting a little. I don't chime in much because I am not near as versed in the things if the salty life. I can keep fish alive and kinda keep zoa's, and I am a keeper of algae though not intentionally. I know these things take time to learn, so I'm ever like a sea sponge soaking up as much as I can within a day.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you addicted when you go on R2R literally right after having a baby;Dummy in the hospital? If so, then I would say I'm addicted lol ;Hilarious

Hahaha! No seriously, like right after. Lol. BTW how's the little big boy doing?! Any sleep happening at the @DSC reef @Lovemyreef2015 household!?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha! No seriously, like right after. Lol. BTW how's the little big boy doing?! Any sleep happening at the @DSC reef @Lovemyreef2015 household!?
Big boy is doing great, thanks @WWIII, my wife's a trooper. What is this "sleep" thing you speak of??;Hilarious;Hilarious

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is doing great! Thank you for asking. He is a month old and weighs just over 12lbs already! He isnt formula-fed so he's up every 2 to 3 hours, but all worth it in the end!;Smuggrin

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 58 43.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back