Are you at peace with your tank, or do you worry about it?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like for me personally, I am mostly at peace with my tank. However, there are times when I worry about the stability and if my fish are going to live or not when I am out of town, haha. So I am wondering, do you feel at peace with your tank or do you worry from time to time?

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have PTSD for sure. Seems like all bases are covered and then the unexpected thing happens that I never imagined. Always room for error.

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new at this, and the tank is only 3 months old, so I am frequently concerned about something.

However, in a weird zen sort of way I am at peace with the notion that things will go awry, and I'll just have to figure out the mitigation as I go.

Kerbash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in a toxic relationship with my tank, its has given me endless PTSD and depression and I promise myself Im done but every night I just stare at the tank and somehow manages to convince myself to spend another grand on it. Send help please

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't worry. My tanks are like life in general. They have their ups and downs. Every day can't be a sunny day, and it makes reefing much more enjoyable imo.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never worry about my tank. I consider it a success and if it crashes, there is a dumpster 50 yards from my front door :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont worry like I used to. Especially with a mostly sealed lid. 1 gallon. When my picos werent sealed, evaporation was a huge concern.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say I have a healthy level of concern. As a decades long reefer with a small and manageable tank that has hit its stride, I feel confident and roll with the ups and downs. I am at peace. That being said......When I see my ten year old with a spray bottle of glass cleaner sent by her mom to clean a mirror near the aquarium....all bet are off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back