Are you new to the Chattanooga forum?

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forums Striike.

Sorry on the delayed response, but life has been crazy and hope you'll make the meeting at my house this weekend.

Brandon

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this forum digging around today, and decided to join up since the local reefers seem to have a club posting here! I have a small 29 gallon reef tank.
Here's a few pics of what I have, a couple of my favorite items and a FTS. :)
2009-12-18133647.jpg

2009-12-19142219.jpg

2009-12-19142248.jpg

my flame always has to get in the shot these days, yet my clownfish use to be the camera hog lol.

As for myself, I've been in the area for a few years. I just got into saltwater at the end of july, and prior to that my primary hobby has been car shows and drag racing. I go to UTC currently and am in my third year there. The "other hobby" I mentioned.. well why not.. it is after all my other pride and joy lol.
100_1043.jpg

100_0991.jpg

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank and Nice looking car! Welcome to the forrums! Glad to see you found us. there is a decent group of us locals that get together once a month and talk about the hobby, and look at a locals reef tank. I will probly be hosting the january meeting so stay tuned for a date and time. We would love to have you.

tperk9784

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving to the area

Hello all

I'll be moving to Chattanooga near the end of March beginning of April. I am very glad to find out there is a active reef club in the area.

I currently have a 24 x 24 x 18 custom built tank that is a mixed reef with zoas, softies and a couple of SPS corals. Of which only a few will be making the journey to TN with me.

Once I am in town I am sure I'll be looking for LFS recommendations and various other things.

Tim

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet welcome! What part of town are you coming too?

tperk9784

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure exactly what part of town I'll be in yet. Plans are still being finalized and we haven't even started looking for a place to rent.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome tim! Keep us informed with your move. We would be happy to help in any way possible. there are a few local fish stores and our club has a large variety of tanks, so there are alot of frags to choose from. Im sure you arnt in town yet, but we have a meeting next week if you happen to be in town. We would love to have you.

tperk9784

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ironman. I'll probably be able to hit up the April meeting. It's always fun to get together with fellow reefers and just talk shop.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you will fit right in! LOL

stuntman75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Chad Holt, and I am new to the Chattanooga area. I was wondering where the next monthly meeting was and I am interested in becoming a member. I was referred by Chris Honeyman and he said this was a good group to join. I have a 135 gallon Oceanic that I have not set up yet. I just moved to Ooltewah a year ago, but spent the last 6 months in Iraq. I am looking to build my tank into the wall of my unfinished basement this year. I wish to attend meetings so that I can get good information on customizing my system. Any information is greatly appreciated.

dhutcheson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I just joined the Chattanooga Club. I live a few miles north in Athens,TN. I am constructing a 60 gallon cube reef tank system. The display tank will be a rimless Glasscages tank with 3 sides of Starphire glass. I am limited by wall space so the cube was my best choice for now. Other than the display tank I plan on buying equipment for tanks in the 125 gallon range. (is this good or bad?) I am trying to go slow and reading a lot and asking a lot of questions but at the same time anxious to get started. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Dennis

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dennis:

Please don't hesitate to run equipment choices by memebers in the club. Alot of us have all made the mistake of purchasing equipment 3 or 4 times before getting what really works. Hopefully we can help you prevent those same mistakes.

Equipment really depends on how you plan on stocking your tank..... Do you want SPS, LPS, Fish Only, lots of fish just a few etc.

If you could just give us a little more info I think we can definetly point you in the right direction and please don't hesitate to ask any questions or if we need to clarify an anacronym or two.

BRandon

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, be as detailed as you can about what your long term plans are and that will help us give advice on equipment.

danandkam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. My name is Daniel and i live in Harrison, TN. I just recently started a 55gal saltwater tank. Right now have a few different kinds of soft coral, a few fish. The tank has been up and running for about 2 months. It has T5 lighting and a couple fluval canister filters (courtesy of my neighbor Bigkai), but hoping to build a custom sump. A big thanks out to Big Kai for helping us get through cycling and guiding us through our first few purchases. Looking forwarding to joining the club and hanging out with people that enjoy the hobby i quickly fell in love with.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome, glad you found us! We will hopefully be planning our next meeting soon, keep an eye on the threads for a date. In the mean time post away, ask questions and we will help in any way we can,

Bryan

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome buddy!

WesMeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 29 gallon reef up and going. I have a 24" HQI 250W SunPod and a Aquaclear 50 powerhead for water movement. Running a Eheim canister rated to 35 gallons for filtration. Have a few zoas, mushrooms, xenias with a mandiren goby, percula clown, Haitian reef anemone, chocolate tang, arrow crab, serpent star and regal tang. any pointers you guys could offer?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Wes we are having a get together this Saturday if you want to meet up with some of us. We're going to be viewing an awesome reef tank!

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya wes, it would be great to have you!
As far as pointers i would personally think two tangs in a 29 gallon is risky, But im sure it is possible.

scouncil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe they are small and very friendly!!! Come to our meeting!! Send a PM to Jim for directions or meet one of us for carpooling if you are near (I'm in Ooltewah). We are always full of pointers! I'm bringing (provided I don't forget- I'm not usually too bad) a frag of rose milli that broke off when I was cutting a frag for a friend for another person new to the club that mgiht come. If he's not there, it's yours! Or I can snip another off just in case (just don't want rose milli everywhere, though it is lovely). If you don't know how to PM, click on Fullmonti (that's Jim)in the general Chattanooga Reef club forum club meeting thread, and select PM, or just post and he'll PM you directions. Forgive me if you know how to do all that already. I just didn't want you to miss seeing Jim's fabulous tank due to something silly.
Susan

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back