OP
OP
AriMiko43

AriMiko43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I took some better pictures with my dslr instead of the iphone lol. The last pictures I posted of the tank I didn't realize I did not have all LEDs on and it was giving a rainbow effect. Here are some new pics with all LEDs lit and the T5's along with some fish shots.

Glitchfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow those pictures are absolutely gorgeous o_o' the firefish are such a great contrast with the chromis :D this setup is going to be amazing :D great job dude ^^'

brian_reefragr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome build!! I'll be building a new system soon and I'm getting all sorts of inspiration from reading threads like this!

OP
OP
AriMiko43

AriMiko43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wow those pictures are absolutely gorgeous o_o' the firefish are such a great contrast with the chromis :D this setup is going to be amazing :D great job dude ^^'

This is an awesome build!! I'll be building a new system soon and I'm getting all sorts of inspiration from reading threads like this!

Thank you, I cant wait to stock transferring all my coral in. Brian, that's why I love these forums.... You can get all types of ideas and see what others do. It also gives you motivation to get started. Good luck on your build.

OP
OP
AriMiko43

AriMiko43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just set up my MTC Pro Cal reactor. I'm going to let it run for a few days with no co2 injection to get all the air out. I transferred some corals but didn't go to crazy. I am thinking of adding some more rock behind the current aquascape to give the fish more areas to hide and sleep. Whatever rock I add will not be viewable from the front so it will keep the front view the same.

dunc101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks great! I love the aquascape. Do you have a stocking list planned for this tank? You mentioned storing your old fish and corals in a holding tank. I am curious if this is your old tank or if you had to transfer all fish/coral from your old DT to the holding tank? I will be upgrading my tank from a 90 to a 225 or so around Christmas and will also need to transfer my fish/coral somewhere else as the new tank will go exactly where my old tank is now.

OP
OP
AriMiko43

AriMiko43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Are you on Instagram?
No I am not.

This looks great! I love the aquascape. Do you have a stocking list planned for this tank? You mentioned storing your old fish and corals in a holding tank. I am curious if this is your old tank or if you had to transfer all fish/coral from your old DT to the holding tank? I will be upgrading my tank from a 90 to a 225 or so around Christmas and will also need to transfer my fish/coral somewhere else as the new tank will go exactly where my old tank is now.

Yes, I have a heavily stocked fish list for this tank lol. The tank you are seeing in this thread is my new 300 gallon. I used to have a 156 gallon which was in the same spot as this one. I broke that tank down and transferred all the fish to a holding tank while I built the new 300 gallon. I had a horrible ich outbreak in the holding tanks and lost over 10 fish. My advice to you would to be set the holding tank/tanks up and let them cycle. Then move the fish over real slowly to let the system accommodate the load. My problem was I threw in to many fish at once and I believe I caused a lot of stress on them resulting in a outbreak. Good luck with your build.

OP
OP
AriMiko43

AriMiko43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
300 Gallon Deep Dimension Fish List

Have

1 Mystery Wrasse
1 Melanarus Wrasse - Female
1 Vrolik's Wrasse
1 Solaris Wrasse - Male
1 Solaris Wrasse - Female
1 Longnose Hawkfish
1 Helfrichi Firefish
1 Royal Gramma
1 Algae Blenny
10 Blue Chromis
3 Red Firefish
2 Banghai Cardinals
2 Blood Shrimp
1 Cleaner Shrimp

Want

3 Bartlett's Anthias
1 Sunburst Anthias
3 Lyretail Anthias
1 Midas Blenny
1 Tailspot Blenny
2 Black Ice Clownfish
1 Watchman Goby
1 Yellow Candy Hogfish
1 Bluespot Jawfish
1 Powder Blue Tang
1 Blonde Naso Tang
1 Achillies Tang
1 Cleaner Wrasse
1 Orangeback Fairy Wrasse
1 Leopard Wrasse
1 Potters Wrasse
1 Radiant Wrasse
1 Yellow Coris Wrasse

This list can change as time goes on but these are the fish I came up with that I like or had already.

OP
OP
AriMiko43

AriMiko43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I got around to take some new pictures of the tank. They aren't the best pictures but for now they will do. I will spend some more time another day and take better ones when I get a chance. The tank is being stocked back up with my coral and I'm starting to get my fish stocked up also. Here are some fish pictures for now.....

OP
OP
AriMiko43

AriMiko43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I also decided to take some actinic shots of the corals in the tank... Here they are, hope you like them

Glitchfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is coming along so gorgeously :O! Like litterally just jawdroppingly gorgeous :3 and that helfrichi firefish <3 wow!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back