Arnallop3s Mixed Reef

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by arnallop3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

Hello R2R this is my setup...Had it about 6 months or less. So fairly new setup.

55 Gal tank 48''x12''21''

DIY Stand

2 Mars Aqua 165w Full Spectrum LED (Chinese black boxes that i decided to give a whirl to see what they can do for my setup. Read lots of good reviews here on forum) https://goo.gl/images/bDzkcy

Trigger Systems Elite Ruby Sump 30 (https://goo.gl/images/2HP8h1)

Reef Octupus Extreme 160 Skimmer (https://goo.gl/images/JDgUDF)

Eshopps PF-800 Overflow (https://www.amazon.com/Eshopps-AEO11...erflow+box+800)

Jebao DCS3000 Return Pump 794 GPH (https://www.amazon.com/Jebao-DC-3000.../dp/B00INTDJM6)

2 Jebao RW-8

Tunze Osmolator 5155 ATO

Soon BRS GFO reactor

20170815_150207.jpg

Tags:

2. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

Here is a progress pic after a month or so

20170824_144520.jpg

20170825_002727.jpg

20171002_235709.jpg

3. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

I purchased an OG Jawbreaker and here's an older pic of it. A bit larger now w two babies forming.

This is the tank today...I'm awaiting some frags from @WWC that I'll be getting next week. They've been great helping me fill this thing w some color.

20171031_012913.jpg

1511743459861.jpg

Dsnakes and Fishable like this.
  4. Fishable

Fishable Member

Looking good, love the frag factory you got going haha. How do you like the lights? I just pulled the trigger on something similar.

arnallop3 and Crabs Mcjones like this.
  5. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones Tank Mechanic R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Good looking tank!

arnallop3 likes this.
  6. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

Haha yea those zoas are quick to spread so frag them a lot. The lights are no radions...but you still get good color shimmer w these and growth seems to be unhindered by the "cheaper" lights lol
    For people on a budget I'd say Go for it!

Fishable likes this.
  7. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

Found this lil hitch hiker the other day. Think it's a gall crab. I got another crab (maybe gall crab as well) who made my chalice his home. So I'll probably have to give em the axe w a paperclip or something lol.
    The crab in chalice has been in there since I bought it in a small hole but I didn't notice it in a hole til months later.
    The pictured one was found in a new coral I had purchased...it survived a coralrx dip :/[​IMG]

Fishable likes this.
  8. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

Crab pic didnt post[​IMG]

Fishable likes this.
  9. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

What's up guys and gals?
    Got a few more frags as you may notice. I fragged some of my zoa colonies since they were growing off the plug.

Got a cleaner shrimp to help clean up a bit.
    Reactor has fixed my algae problem

During the first cold days of winter I think my heater wasn't on right settings so gave me a few temp swings before I noticed.

As a result I think I bleached a couple acros (they died little by litte) STN? :(

Anyone ever have this happen to them or similar?

Here's some pics of tank and some pics of my JB and 2 of 4 colored up babies! Hard to take pics of it but it's beautiful[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Fishable and Dsnakes like this.
  10. Dsnakes

Dsnakes Knight Reefer R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Everything is looking good! That jawbreaker looks great :)

Fishable and arnallop3 like this.
  11. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

Yes loving the JB it's getting a bit more green spots. Ty @Dsnakes What's up w her sisters?

Dsnakes likes this.
  12. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

Dsnakes likes this.
  13. Dsnakes

Dsnakes Knight Reefer R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

They are all doing well. More of them are coloring up and getting larger. I'm always happy when the green starts to show up!

arnallop3 likes this.
  14. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

Been watching this lord acan grow it's heads and noticed one has two mouths.

Anyone ever have this happen with any corals? Hopefully it won't split. Rather cool to look at[​IMG][​IMG]

Dsnakes likes this.
  15. Dsnakes

That is cool! I haven't seen that before. My interesting one has a section of different color with no tentacles

IMG_7599.JPG

arnallop3 likes this.
  16. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

That is cool @Dsnakes is that how you got it? it healed up or grew that way? I love these morphs or whatever you want to call em.

Dsnakes likes this.
  17. Dsnakes

I received it in a random frag pack when I first started my tank. So far it's the only head like that.

arnallop3 likes this.
  18. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

How's it going guys and gals. Got a few new blastos from my LFS. I consider them rescues since they weren't doing so hot in the LFS tank. They seem to be doing good besides some heads that were receding from LFS. Love the colors on them pics don't do justice.

On another note. My peppermint shrimp molted... and one of my acan lords decided it would be a good snack not greatest of pics but u can see the molt coming out of its mouth.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dsnakes likes this.
  19. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

Hey reefers!
    Had a few sad days...I had a suicidal flame angel jump out :( guess you have to learn the hard way. Going to invest in making a cover of sorts. Anyone have any suggestions that will allow air exchange and light thru?

Here's a few progress shots. Got a small bloom of sea lettuce so changed gfo and just did a water change yesterday. Manually plucked some out as well.
    I bought an orange spotted blenny to help eradicate some algae also.

Is it bad for a dog to eat algae? Left it on floor and my dog went after it like a treat![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dsnakes and Crabs Mcjones like this.
  20. arnallop3

arnallop3 Active Member

Hey guys n gals. Hope all is well here's a couple of shots of some growth and a shot of my newly added DIY algae scrubber [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dsnakes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted