Ashville nc

Dylan R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hear visiting the Biltmore and shops or something near ? Not familiar with this area at all

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were just there a few weeks ago and it is a great place. Our friend Shawn owns Mountains to Sea Aquariums in Asheville and just moved into a new location and is still getting set up. The Biltmore Estate is always a great place to tour if you have a few hours. I would definitely take a cab and go visit the Omni Crown Point hotel. It has great food and incredible mountain views. If you are at all interested in beer the Sierra Nevada Brewery facility is mind-blowing. The tours are typically booked 6 weeks out but we were able to get on stand by and there were a few openings for the next tour. It is really some beautiful construction and visually impressive. Not to mention you get a free tasting at the end. :D

Hope that helps.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-01%20at%202.29.00%20PM_zps2ggrjsci.png

This is the rear of the Omni Hotel.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-01%20at%202.34.27%20PM_zps6ehbsz3s.png

OP
OP
D

Dylan R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow look at those pics.. awesome! We are going to the estate and that's about it and fish guy not looking for anything in particular I just like to visit other shops if I find something great if not no worries

OP
OP
D

Dylan R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were just there a few weeks ago and it is a great place. Our friend Shawn owns Mountains to Sea Aquariums in Asheville and just moved into a new location and is still getting set up. The Biltmore Estate is always a great place to tour if you have a few hours. I would definitely take a cab and go visit the Omni Crown Point hotel. It has great food and incredible mountain views. If you are at all interested in beer the Sierra Nevada Brewery facility is mind-blowing. The tours are typically booked 6 weeks out but we were able to get on stand by and there were a few openings for the next tour. It is really some beautiful construction and visually impressive. Not to mention you get a free tasting at the end. :D

Hope that helps.

Omni hotel is on the list to do actually so exciting to no it comes recommended and I Google fish shops only 1 came up

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there are only two shops in town, with Mountains to Sea being one. Shawn the owner is a great lady. The Omni is really cool. They have a bunch of places to eat, many shops and a dueling piano bar in the basement. We had a great time there until about Midnight. If you are in town check out the Grand Bohemian Hotel, which is where we stayed. Amazing decor if you like a "lodge" type atmosphere.

OP
OP
D

Dylan R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will definitely stop by there it's only 9 minutes away (fish shop)

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Tell Shawn Larry said hello. Wait until you see the GIANT maroon clownfish she has in there. The bonded pair are BEASTS!

OP
OP
D

Dylan R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do thanks for the help one last question prices good?

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, we arrived in Asheville for a weekend getaway which by luck happened to be on the day of her grand opening. They were still arranging tanks and other final odds and ends and I didn't even look at prices. Shawn is a great person devoted to the hobby and she will do you right if you ever need anything.

OP
OP
D

Dylan R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, we arrived in Asheville for a weekend getaway which by luck happened to be on the day of her grand opening. They were still arranging tanks and other final odds and ends and I didn't even look at prices. Shawn is a great person devoted to the hobby and she will do you right if you ever need anything.
Awesome I'll be sure to tell her you said hello thanks again

OP
OP
D

Dylan R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which part of the Omni did you eat in apparently there are different sections

OP
OP
D

Dylan R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hope that helps.

I could not find it.. and she never answered the phone

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that I don't know why she didn't pick up. I found the address from the Facebook page and GPS took me right there.

OP
OP
D

Dylan R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that I don't know why she didn't pick up. I found the address from the Facebook page and GPS took me right there.
GPS took me to the road but couldn't find the shop it was saying it was next to a shop nuts and bolts or something?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back