At my WITS END!

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluconazle is a common antifungal used to treat humans, pets, and many things. You can buy it generic and look up how to dose, or buy a "Saltwater Fluco" that's prepackaged for a higher price and do it that way. Only reason why I said "look up directions" as I normally buy generic and crush it and dose it mixed with water.

Reef Flux is the Saltwater Aquarium branded Fluconazole, but it's the same fluconazole as any other fluconazole.

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will give the reef flux a shot. I really really really dont want to take rock work out. And After exstenive cleaning I believe it would come right back after scrubbing rocks.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rip all the rocks out and scrub the heck out of them?
he has some chemistry going on that has made his water perfect for this bloom, is what it sounds like.

my tank will have no visible cyano at all, then if I use carbon, next week it will be all over. Sometimes small changes bring on this, but I have yet to see or hear about it since early reef central days.

This is a new one

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And After exstenive cleaning I believe it would come right back after scrubbing rocks.
so do i. I put all my liverock under the house once for 9 months to try and leach out phosphates. due to chronic GHA My liverock really wasnt leaching anything, but it did get rid of all my garbage and GHA growing on it

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he has some chemistry going on that has made his water perfect for this bloom, is what it sounds like.

my tank will have no visible cyano at all, then if I use carbon, next week it will be all over. Sometimes small changes bring on this, but I have yet to see or hear about it since early reef central days.

This is a new one
I can't grow any of these interesting types of algae (one of my reef superpowers), so I have to live vicariously through all of you... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Blandon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you send me a link of what your advising. I looked it up on google and some pharmacuticals are coming up that dont look like there for fish tanks,.
It’s called Flux RX, but don’t believe it work on Dinos (if that’s what you have)

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't grow any of these interesting types of algae (one of my reef superpowers), so I have to live vicariously through all of you... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Ive made all the mistakes over and over. and them made them again. We didnt have vibrant, or fluconazole, just different people meds and antibiotics just red slime remover and chemi clean. I tried everything over the years to combat algae. Many worked with a few good years followed by not so good. With practice im keeping a clean tank now, but ill have to admit its a combination of good water changes, and 40cc vibrant once a week in 300g system

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried a UV?

2C13FACD-1674-4229-882D-F03EBBD828D4.gif

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean it doesnt seem to bother parameters or fish. I have to blow it off the corals everyonce in awhile to keep them happy. and its just plain ugly.

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont run a protien skimmer. And am considering getting one. Would this possibly help? I run a UV sterilizer but no luck with that.

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could my macro algea in the fuge ( Which is the Red Pom Pom ) have anything to do with blooms of nuisance algea?

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont run a protien skimmer. And am considering getting one. Would this possibly help? I run a UV sterilizer but no luck with that.

I don't think ti's going to solve this problem, but will solve excess nutrients? But you have a fuge already.... idk man. Not gonna solve the problem I'm 90% sure.

Could my macro algea in the fuge ( Which is the Red Pom Pom ) have anything to do with blooms of nuisance algea?

I doubt it.

Try to get an ID before you Fluco. Hopefully someone can ID it.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back