OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should've asked this way earlier: what are your water parameters like?

Salinty 34 ppt
Phosphates 0 ppm
Ph 8-8.2
Nirtrates 0-5ppm
nitrite 0 ppm
Calcium 460 ppm

temp consistant 77.5

Tank Mates : Royal Gramma, Foxface, Hippo tang, manderin Goby, (2) Clowns, Carpet Anemone, Cleaner Shrimp, Emerald Crab, Arrow Crab, Couple Acros, Zoas, and other soft corals, Duncans etc....

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This ‘joke’ is so, so tired. If you can’t be funny (punching down generally isn’t funny, its just cruel), at least be original.
Trying to figure out a issue of the hobby we all share. Not Interested in your feeling on jokes you think are mean. But thank you for this input that has really nothing to do with what were discussing.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out a issue of the hobby we all share. Not Interested in your feeling on jokes you think are mean. But thank you for this input that has really nothing to do with what were discussing.
Neither did your original comment (have anything to do with the topic).

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not neccesarily the case my good sir/or madam/or whatever you pronouns may be these days.

There are several invasive nuisance algae's that "algae" eaters will not eat. like bubble algae, Caulerpa racemosa (Grape Algae) et. another list of 10 or 20 in the hobby.

Fluconazole is worth a shot, but study up on how to dose it first so you don't kill anything else.
I agree with your overall post, but wanted to say that my foxface LOVES bubble algae :)

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont run a protien skimmer. And am considering getting one. Would this possibly help? I run a UV sterilizer but no luck with that.
Absolutely. It might clean up the food that is feeding such. No negative reason to not use one

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither did your original comment.
Actually, it was a reply to a comment that was made to me.... I didn't just come up with that out of nowhere... Are you here to help ID a problem? or Sith through forums to make a point on something that doesn't sit well with you?

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the Dr. Tim’s refresh/waste-away combo with a 3 day blackout and it worked for my bubble algae and Dino’s
I had dinos almost 30 years ago in a FO tank my first year. and did very similar to what you did, never had an issue since.

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the Dr. Tim’s refresh/waste-away combo with a 3 day blackout and it worked for my bubble algae and Dino’s
I've heard a lot of good things about Dr. Tims. I will definitely have to try that.

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dayton Ohio. (Where all the other things live) lol!
My brother lives in Dallas though so I feel I have some Texas in me. (Not sure how far that is from Dayton Texas though) Definitely plan on going to aquashella in Dallas this year (and I guess visit him while I'm there lol)

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother lives in Dallas though so I feel I have some Texas in me. (Not sure how far that is from Dayton Texas though) Definitely plan on going to aquashella in Dallas this year (and I guess visit him while I'm there lol)
I'm just north of Houston. Reefapalooza is also in Dallas in October.

(And Dayton is about an hour east of Houston, so pretty far from Dallas, lol)

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you’ve been told this already, but I would try raising no3 and po4 while dosing bacteria. This will initially cause this algae/bacteria to increase, but then it will allow other bacteria to outcompete it eventually. If you’re able to symphony most of it this stuff while you’re going through the process, you should do so. That’s how I battle all the nuisance slime.

OP
OP
J_Gard88

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you’ve been told this already, but I would try raising no3 and po4 while dosing bacteria. This will initially cause this algae/bacteria to increase, but then it will allow other bacteria to outcompete it eventually. If you’re able to symphony most of it this stuff while you’re going through the process, you should do so. That’s how I battle all the nuisance slime.
Would Possibly adding fish help? My mates are above and they are in a 105.4 Waterbox. Which is about 75 gallon display.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, it was a reply to a comment that was made to me.... I didn't just come up with that out of nowhere... Are you here to help ID a problem? or Sith through forums to make a point on something that doesn't sit well with you?
This is the last thing I’ll say on it. I was just pointing out that your joke was unnecessary and unfunny, you didn’t need to make it, it wasn’t on topic. I help ID and help solve plenty of problems here, but to answer your question, yes, making bigoted jokes doesn’t sit well with me. There are people that post here that your joke would make feel unwelcome. It is no different than making a racist or sexist joke, again its just unnecessary and unfunny.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back