ATI Bulb color selection - Supplment LED

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef4beer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reef4beer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
704
Reaction score
149
Location
Cutler Bay, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like some suggestions on what 2 bulb combo I should go with.

Currently running Ai Vega and Ai Hydra 52 on a 110G tank (4 feet) and would like to supplement my acros with some T5's as I've been having some coloration issues.

Current lighting schedule

AI fifty-two
52.PNG

AI Vega
vega.PNG
 
ATI purple plus and blue plus work well. If you are looking for more PAR The Blue plus is great for this. I use two 60" of each for my Peak time. If you want the more blue look stick to the ATI blue plus as the ATI Purple plus add more red into the mix. I run the Hydra 52 and this combo works great.
 
ATI purple plus and blue plus work well. If you are looking for more PAR The Blue plus is great for this. I use two 60" of each for my Peak time. If you want the more blue look stick to the ATI blue plus as the ATI Purple plus add more red into the mix. I run the Hydra 52 and this combo works great.

Thanks will give that combo a try.
 
I tried the Purple Plus and Blue Plus combo and it was way to Purple/Red for my liking. I pulled the bulb within 5 mins.

I ended up with Coral Plus in the front and Blue Plus in the back. I personally love that combo.
 
I tried the Purple Plus and Blue Plus combo and it was way to Purple/Red for my liking. I pulled the bulb within 5 mins.

I ended up with Coral Plus in the front and Blue Plus in the back. I personally love that combo.
I have 3 AI Vega Colors over my 150g 4'x3' tank and am also going with the 2Coral+ and 2Blue+ bulb combo with the LET 4' retro kit.
 
I run radions and I supplement with 1 blue+ and 1 coral+. I was going for more of a full spectrum look. I may add 2 more just for kicks. If so I plan on B+, AB+ or G Azure, Purple, B+. I like a whiter 14K look and combined with my radions set at around 13-14K the combo I currently run is a nice crisp white. I would post a pic but I don't have a recent one and iphone pics are way too blue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new