ATI ICP

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a bunch of prepaid ATI ICP tests a few years back. I just sent in 2 new tests. I looked at my history and realized why I don't like sending them tests.

The turnaround from shipping to receiving a report ranges from 2-4 weeks, which in my mind is unacceptable.

A buddy of mine assured me that the turn around has been improved with less than a week to receive results.

When I sent my current tests, I got a pop up stating custom forms are required, but if you're using prepaid mailers to disregard.

This morning when I logged into their site a new pop up stating they're sending to Switzerland now to avoid customs issues.

I sent my samples in on Nov 1st. And now I feel my packages are lost in transit.

I sent them an email, but curious what others that use this service recently have experienced with turnaround?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My usual turnaround is about a week from mailing a kit to getting results. The last time I sent two separate tests and one was delayed by another week or so. It had nothing to do with ATI, but the local USPS losing it for a while. ATI customer service was able to see the package still at the post office when I reached out to them. I can only recall having one or two tests being delayed by over a week, but nothing over 2 or 4 weeks. Granted, I live in SoCal, so I ship on a certain day of the week to ensure the kit(s) get shipped out by Friday and received by Monday or first thing Tuesday.

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Arizona, and I specifically sent mine out at the beginning of the week to avoid any hold up at the port.

My best turnaround was 13 days, worst was 25.

Luckily, these were the last of my stockpile, and I won't have to endure this unless I choose to.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a bunch of prepaid ATI ICP tests a few years back. I just sent in 2 new tests. I looked at my history and realized why I don't like sending them tests.

The turnaround from shipping to receiving a report ranges from 2-4 weeks, which in my mind is unacceptable.

A buddy of mine assured me that the turn around has been improved with less than a week to receive results.

When I sent my current tests, I got a pop up stating custom forms are required, but if you're using prepaid mailers to disregard.

This morning when I logged into their site a new pop up stating they're sending to Switzerland now to avoid customs issues.

I sent my samples in on Nov 1st. And now I feel my packages are lost in transit.

I sent them an email, but curious what others that use this service recently have experienced with turnaround?

We state our typical turn around is 10-14 days. If your tests are taking longer than that please let us know.

No customs forms are required, but remember the Labs website is worldwide, not just for USA so this is why the statement is on the website. Please do: Log your serial on the site before shipping, write your name and address on the shipping label, and record the last 6 digits of your tracking number. This is all in the instructions which many don't read, which means we cannot gain transparency of timelines etc.

We are not shipping to Switzerland and never have, so I am not sure where this came from.

Our warehouse did move, so currently some people are having an extra day or two delay due to USPS forwarding the packages to the new warehouse, its only a mile or two away but it still takes an extra day for some shipments.

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are not shipping to Switzerland and never have, so I am not sure where this came from.
As I stated, it was a pop up on the ATI website that said that. Whether it was an overzealous employee in IT putting it up on the site only to remove it after the fact... It was there.

We state our typical turn around is 10-14 days. If your tests are taking longer than that please let us know.
I did contact you guys and got the impression that you were providing reasons/excuses for the long delay.

And to be fair the last email I got said that you'd be happy to provide a retest. I haven't followed through and not sure if the offer still stands.

In my eyes the issue was that I needed results from that particular moment and the results after finally testing (50 days after sample collected) definitely didn't seem accurate. And even if they were, they were worthless to me.

I also pointed out in our email correspondence that my entire experience with sending you samples, 15 days was the fastest turn around for me. Which doesn't make sense because others in my area get a very fast turn around. But their package went to CA (from AZ) where mine somehow went to CO.

I don't know, I would like to have the option to send in ICP samples but based on my track record, it's hard for me to justify sticking with you guys vs trying other options.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I stated, it was a pop up on the ATI website that said that. Whether it was an overzealous employee in IT putting it up on the site only to remove it after the fact... It was there.

I did contact you guys and got the impression that you were providing reasons/excuses for the long delay.

And to be fair the last email I got said that you'd be happy to provide a retest. I haven't followed through and not sure if the offer still stands.

In my eyes the issue was that I needed results from that particular moment and the results after finally testing (50 days after sample collected) definitely didn't seem accurate. And even if they were, they were worthless to me.

I also pointed out in our email correspondence that my entire experience with sending you samples, 15 days was the fastest turn around for me. Which doesn't make sense because others in my area get a very fast turn around. But their package went to CA (from AZ) where mine somehow went to CO.

I don't know, I would like to have the option to send in ICP samples but based on my track record, it's hard for me to justify sticking with you guys vs trying other options.

Perhaps the Switzerland message was regarding another county, was it the ATI North America website or the ATI Aquaristik Labs website? Doesn't really matter, but so strange to have such a rumor circulating when there is nothing even remotely true about it. The shipment would still need to clear German customs, so it wouldn't even help.

All samples go to California, we have never been in CO. Perhaps you are confusing us with ICP Analysis which I believe is located in CO. Or perhaps because the prefix of our phone number is CO you assumed we were located there?

The slowest part of our testing is by far USPS business reply mail which is slow. However there is no way to make it faster since Business reply mail is the only "generic" option for sending us samples. Anything faster requires us to have a zip code of where it is sent from, which obviously wouldn't work.

If you need results faster than 14 weeks I would encourage you to ship it via USPS Priority with your own label. If you have it arrive on Tuesday or Friday you will have results within a week of having sent it. (2 days for Priority, roughly 1-2 days to get to Germany and 1-3 for testing).

Lastly, you can certainly still send another sample at no charge, however please email us and request a new shipping label since we have moved.

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No customs forms are required, but remember the Labs website is worldwide, not just for USA so this is why the statement is on the website. Please do: Log your serial on the site before shipping, write your name and address on the shipping label, and record the last 6 digits of your tracking number. This is all in the instructions which many don't read, which means we cannot gain transparency of timelines etc.

Our warehouse did move, so currently some people are having an extra day or two delay due to USPS forwarding the packages to the new warehouse, its only a mile or two away but it still takes an extra day for some shipments.
I am also having issues with turnaround time. Sent my sample 2/7 and still haven't heard anything. Last time I did one, the turnaround was about a week.

capted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sent one with my own priority mail to the new address but of course there was a delay with usps. Once ati in CA received it on Friday it took 4 days to get my results. Did you have a tracking number? Maybe usps lost it which seems to be all to common recently.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also having issues with turnaround time. Sent my sample 2/7 and still haven't heard anything. Last time I did one, the turnaround was about a week.

Our warehouse moved and USPS is struggling to forward the mail as promised. Email us your details and I can review the situation and send instructions on sending replacement water if needed.

This data helps us track the progress of the samples. Please write your name on your pouches!
  • What name was written in the return address field?
  • What city/state was the shipment sent from?
  • What was the date the shipment was sent?
  • What is the last 6 digits of your tracking?

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our warehouse moved and USPS is struggling to forward the mail as promised. Email us your details and I can review the situation and send instructions on sending replacement water if needed.

This data helps us track the progress of the samples. Please write your name on your pouches!
  • What name was written in the return address field?
  • What city/state was the shipment sent from?
  • What was the date the shipment was sent?
  • What is the last 6 digits of your tracking?

Email sent. Thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back