Ati master reefer test kit

Shawn Boe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the ati reef test kit really stuck that bad or am I doing something wrong? Ammonia reading zero to .25
Nitrite 2.0/5.0 nitrate 8ppm
Just did a 5 gallon water change last night on my waterbox Marine X 35.1. Nothing changed!
Host 1 clownfish and 4 montipora, 1 zoia garden all from wwc. 3 out of 5 corals are healthy. 2 corals are bleaching and I believe it's over lightning because I lowered light and the unhappy corals stopped secreting mucus.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has your tank been running? In my opinion, ATI test kits are okay for initial cycling as long as you understand that they are not terribly accurate and kinda hard to read. From what I see, your initial cycle is pretty much complete. You can get more accurate ammonia and nitrite test kits, but I personally have never tested them after the initial cycle.

I would invest in a more reliable nitrate and phosphate test kit, as well as alkalinity, magnesium and calcium.

OP
OP
Shawn Boe

Shawn Boe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has your tank been running? In my opinion, ATI test kits are okay for initial cycling as long as you understand that they are not terribly accurate and kinda hard to read. From what I see, your initial cycle is pretty much complete. You can get more accurate ammonia and nitrite test kits, but I personally have never tested them after the initial cycle.

I would invest in a more reliable nitrate and phosphate test kit, as well as alkalinity, magnesium and calcium.
It's 10 days old, just purchased a red sea test kit! Started with NH3 at 4 ppm now it always ready .25ppm according to the ati test kit,

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back