ATI Straton Hanging Options

tankreefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
570
Reaction score
65
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I need some help with mounting options for my two ATI straton lights. I’m trying to avoid hanging them from the ceiling with the conventional hanging kit. I’m looking for some wall mount options or something to hang from my rimless tank. Any assistance?
 
Depended on how far away from the wall the tank is. I've seen people use L brackets for shelving used to hang lights if you don't want to hang from ceiling
 
You could do something like this or similar setup with wall mounting instead of legs going down.
Screenshot_20250412_123022_DuckDuckGo.jpg
 
Haha it wasn’t, no clue why it got labeled as that. Wondered the same myself. Maybe the mods?
 
Thanks it’s been several months of work and planning to get to this stage
 
Made my own DIY refugium in the return chamber section as well. I’ll put some sand, and cheato in there since I’m going bare bottom.
IMG_5182.jpeg
IMG_5183.jpeg
IMG_5181.jpeg
 
Could you please list the 8020 parts that you used to mount your Straton lights. Are the top light brackets 8020 material
 
Made my own DIY refugium in the return chamber section as well. I’ll put some sand, and cheato in there since I’m going bare bottom.
IMG_5182.jpeg
IMG_5183.jpeg
IMG_5181.jpeg
Could you please list the 8020 parts that you used to mount your Straton lights. Are the top light brackets 8020 material
 
You will need a bunch of small washers to make it tight and support the weight too
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new