ATI Sunpower Dimeable older unit issue

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my power went out and when the power came back on the screen looks like the picture. I read about it online and left the power off for 24 hours on the fixture to recet the screen. That did not work, I tried to factory recet the buttons and that did not work. This is an older unit bought second hand does anyone have any suggestions to get my screen working. It has not worked for days and lol I need to get the fixture back on line hopefully. Thanks In advance for all help and suggestions

F18B2759-05C6-4E58-AE2E-44974B61FE71.jpeg 244830DF-CADE-42DA-9E5F-ED01374F51B4.jpeg

Last edited:

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the main reason why I don't recommend the dimmable.
I'm not sure if the newer versions aren't doing that, but if so... Would be so great if ATI could solve the problem. The fixture should be able to go back to it's normal functions using a simple backup battery. Contact ATI and see what they will will tell you. I don't remember how I solved the problem. It was a while ago...

OP
OP
michael giordano

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s incredibly frustrating, this is my first dimeaable into. I have it on the frag tank, and the non dimeable on the display

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many consider SunPower to be one of the very best fixtures available, if not the best! To me it's the best! It's just that the dimmable is a pain when power outage hits you! Besides, the bulb brake in period of 50+ hours needs to be done. Every time we get new bulbs we're supposed to do that also, so the bulbs can be properly dimmed. Some also say the dimming probably wears the bulbs sooner than most think.
It's a great fixture for those who really, really, really enjoy the dimming and it's important to be in the market for them, but definitely not a must.
Let me say this:
If you need a T5 fixture and have the money, then get the SunPower!
If you don't have the money now, save it until you get the money and get the SunPower!!!!!!!

Here is the info for the dimmable:

Please post here the instructions ATI teaches you to solve the problem, so others could learn from it. I remember it's not a huge deal, after you understand and know what to do. My problem main was that power outage is a regular thing here when it's windy.
Good luck!

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I will definitely call them tomorrow.

contains a few hints.
holding 4 or 5 buttons down isn't always easy..

I unplugged for a few than plugged back in and across the display was a solid bar . Unplugged it a couple of times and the same thing showed on the screen. ................I had emailed ATI about my situation and Keith Smith got back to me this exact same night ...which is amazing , thank you Keith. Said I probably needed a new timer and I should try to set the system back to default by holding all the buttons down for 7-8 sec. and then reset the fan , gave me a link to you tube to show me how

Last edited:
OP
OP
michael giordano

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff I will try the recet today agian. I called Ati and they explained if the recet does not work try a new power source. If all a
Else fails replace some hardware

davejep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had exact same issue after a power outage. When power came back on same black bar across upper part of display.
Holding down all 4 outside buttons for about 5 seconds fixed my issue.
Give it a try

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I tried it with now luck. Looks like I am going to order some parts
Besides the 4 button press did you try the advanced followup in the vid?
4 button then middle top bottom button in quick succession.

Or the very complicated one for the "other" series.. No idea which one you have.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back