ATI T5 mix LED

giangnambui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi every one,

i am a new member. I've got a SPS dominant reef tank size 80Lx55Hx60D. I am using 2 Radion G4 XR15 but it seems that the tank is not enought lighting.

So I decide to mix with two singles bulbs of ATI T5HO 24W (T5-Led-T5). but some of my friends said that it is useless and I should add at least 4 bulbs (2 bulbs of T5-Led- 2 bulbs of T5).

I am very confused. So pleased give me some advices. Is it true or not. I can mix like this ?.

Thanks and best regards.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a hybrid fixture that has 4 t4 bulbs that would help a lot. But if it was my tank I would switch to a 8 bulb sunpower. I’m a t5 guy.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi every one,

i am a new member. I've got a SPS dominant reef tank size 80Lx55Hx60D. I am using 2 Radion G4 XR15 but it seems that the tank is not enought lighting.

So I decide to mix with two singles bulbs of ATI T5HO 24W (T5-Led-T5). but some of my friends said that it is useless and I should add at least 4 bulbs (2 bulbs of T5-Led- 2 bulbs of T5).

I am very confused. So pleased give me some advices. Is it true or not. I can mix like this ?.

Thanks and best regards.
I wouldn't think the addition of ANY t5s would be useless but yes, 4 would be better. A lot depends on whether you plan on using the LEDs or the T5s as the primary lighting. I run 4T5s as my primary and use LEDs to add blues at a much lower overall percentage than I did prior to adding the T5s.

OP
OP
G

giangnambui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't think the addition of ANY t5s would be useless but yes, 4 would be better. A lot depends on whether you plan on using the LEDs or the T5s as the primary lighting. I run 4T5s as my primary and use LEDs to add blues at a much lower overall percentage than I did prior to adding the T5s.
Thanks so much. I do think so. I decide to add pair of T5 ( 1 left and 1 right mix with 2 xr15). It really look better. Once again thanks for advices.

20201015_232842.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back