ATI test report and recommendations

Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my first test report from ATI and what a surprise!! First off it showed Salinity at 31.12 and I test it at 35 with 3 different testing methods including refractometer, floating bulb and Hanna. Each of the tests were in substantial agreement at 35 PSU. These results give rise to doubts about some of the other test results. ie Silicon 591.8, Iodine 16.13, Barium 1.85, molybdenum 49.26, manganese n.u, tin 19.20 and aluminum 55.34. All other results were within their recommend ranges. I was not given the results of the RODI sample that was sent in. They recommended dosing for the Manganese (.20ml 1X), Iodine (.10ml 3X) and Barium (1.40ml 2X) plus 3 20% water changes. Before I jump into this I would like some of you're expert opinions. For the main reason I don't know if my RODI is part of the reason for the off values and if so WC would not help any. The high tin and aluminum bother me but not them. Thank you

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my first test report from ATI and what a surprise!! First off it showed Salinity at 31.12 and I test it at 35 with 3 different testing methods including refractometer, floating bulb and Hanna. Each of the tests were in substantial agreement at 35 PSU. These results give rise to doubts about some of the other test results. ie Silicon 591.8, Iodine 16.13, Barium 1.85, molybdenum 49.26, manganese n.u, tin 19.20 and aluminum 55.34. All other results were within their recommend ranges. I was not given the results of the RODI sample that was sent in. They recommended dosing for the Manganese (.20ml 1X), Iodine (.10ml 3X) and Barium (1.40ml 2X) plus 3 20% water changes. Before I jump into this I would like some of you're expert opinions. For the main reason I don't know if my RODI is part of the reason for the off values and if so WC would not help any. The high tin and aluminum bother me but not them. Thank you
Ive used their service on 2 of my past builds and found it to be pretty spot on. The thing that you have to be careful of it the actual volume of water of your system... otherwise their recommendations could be off.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't ever dose barium. It has no known biological role.

Manganese is depleted very fast, and is among the more useful trace elements to consider dosing.

I'd personally ignore iodine and silicon (unless you have problematic diatoms).

Those tin and aluminum levels are not high enough to cause apparent problems in other folks tanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back