ATO for my ATO setup: Thoughts?

pianosdr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m looking to set up an auto-top-off for my Hmahli 16g RO/DI reservoir. The goal here obviously is to have the reservoir auto-fill itself, which then auto-tops off the tank.

Gear:
* BRS 5-stage 150gpd water saver (with auto flush valve)
* RO/DI unit feeds water to a brute trash can (with an installed float valve) located on the opposite side of the wall behind the tank.
* Neptune high + low optical sensors installed in the Hmahli reservoir.
* Neptune EB4 with open sockets is located next to the brute, so I can add gear that can be controllable via the Apex.

CURRENT PLAN:
I’m thinking I can install the BRS 50mL/min auto doser pump on the wall next to the brute and use this to pump RODI from the brute through the wall and into the Hmahli res. I would connect the BRS pump into the Neptune EB4, and then program this socket to turn on whenever the reservoir high sensor is open.

As a backup fail safe, I’m thinking I should also install a Neptune solenoid on the feed line to shut off if either the high optical sensor is closed or if the leak sensor (right next to the res) is tripped.

Does all of this make sense? Is there anything else I should add onto this or remove/change?

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't run your backup through the same sensor. Backup should be slightly above primary.

Also, since it is not clear, you will not be auto-filling the Brute, right? RO membranes don't like short cycles.

OP
OP
P

pianosdr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't run your backup through the same sensor. Backup should be slightly above primary.

Also, since it is not clear, you will not be auto-filling the Brute, right? RO membranes don't like short cycles.
Correct, I have a ball valve on the feed line going into the RODI unit, which I shut off once the brute is full. I open the valve again when the brute is near empty.

good point on the backup. I have an open FMM port and so can add 1 additional optical sensor above the primary on the reservoir. Ty

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back