ATO pump suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ATO sensors on the way.

What pump does everyone use for replacing evaporation? I was thinking maybe using two Tunze Osmolator pumps (for redundancy). They’re kind of noisy though.

Or maybe an Avast ATO pump?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Tunze in all 3 of my tanks-2QT and 1 DT. But all of mine are in the basement fish room so noise is not a concern.
Just curious, why are you doing sensors and pumps separate?

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of doing something like that when I get my Profilux 4.

Getting a water high and water low sensors, and 3 Tunze Osmolator pumps connected with 12v power supplies in the P4 powerbar.

I could then use the sensors and pumps for auto water change and ATO.

Anyone else doing something similar?

992gnt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the P4, two sensors and a Neptune ATO pump. Simple, cheap and effective. I also have the powerbar outlet set with a limit for maximum on time for safety redundancy.

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Tunze in all 3 of my tanks-2QT and 1 DT. But all of mine are in the basement fish room so noise is not a concern.
Just curious, why are you doing sensors and pumps separate?
You mean using the Tunze pump but not the Osmolator brain/sensors? I have a couple of the pumps laying around. The Tunze 3155 is great, but when I asked Tunze about changing the sensors on my unit to the new style they told me my unit was at the age it will probably fail soon and I should buy a whole new unit. Cheaper to just do ATO through the Profilux since I already have it.

I will probably replace the capacitors in my old 3155 and continue to use it on my coral QT system. I'm guessing that is likely the component they think will fail.

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the P4, two sensors and a Neptune ATO pump. Simple, cheap and effective. I also have the powerbar outlet set with a limit for maximum on time for safety redundancy.
How long has the Neptune pump lasted so far? All the apex-era Neptune gear feels so cheap to me I don't have much faith in any of it.

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of doing something like that when I get my Profilux 4.

Getting a water high and water low sensors, and 3 Tunze Osmolator pumps connected with 12v power supplies in the P4 powerbar.

I could then use the sensors and pumps for auto water change and ATO.

Anyone else doing something similar?
That was my thinking as well. I just need to order a couple DC transformers to use for the pumps.

I use a small Sicce pump and tubing. I set the max runtime to like 8 seconds and alarm if it runs longer.
That's a good idea too, I like Sicce.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the spectrapure litermeter ATO pumps as they can prevent back siphoning unlike the Tunze ATO pumps and equivalent. I think it's because they have rollers in the pump similar to dosing pumps that if set up correctly would prevent back siphoning that can occur if your output is lower than the input.

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the spectrapure litermeter ATO pumps as they can prevent back siphoning unlike the Tunze ATO pumps and equivalent. I think it's because they have rollers in the pump similar to dosing pumps that if set up correctly would prevent back siphoning that can occur if your output is lower than the input.
I do love a Litermeter. I've used them in the past for 2 part dosing and they are rock solid.

992gnt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the Neptune pump lasted so far? All the apex-era Neptune gear feels so cheap to me I don't have much faith in any of it.
I think it's been in service for about 6 months now. My LFS keeps them in stock and they are less than $40.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ATO sensors on the way.

What pump does everyone use for replacing evaporation? I was thinking maybe using two Tunze Osmolator pumps (for redundancy). They’re kind of noisy though.

Or maybe an Avast ATO pump?
I been running the Apex ATK and the Pmup and have had zero issues so far with it..

Also, I picked up a new Avast Diaphragm pump that has the Neptune plug on it so I can transfer water from my FRESH RODI WATER from my 50 gallon saltwater mixing station to my 10 gallon ato container which sits under my SCA 150. When my low sensors triggers it will turn on my Marine Avast Diaphragm pump on and then when it triggers the high sensor it will shut off the pump ones I have it all connected to my Apex controller so I will not run into any salt creep .

1619608708375.png

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do love a Litermeter. I've used them in the past for 2 part dosing and they are rock solid.

How do you run them? I want to get a couple for water changes but that's expensive. Can these be turned on and off w/just an apex? How loud are they compared to DoS?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back