Attaching leather coral

Bcook1016

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2024
Messages
229
Reaction score
53
Location
pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m getting a big toadstool leather coral and I’m wondering how am I going to get this into my tank because you can’t glue them? What’s the best thing to do with attaching this?
 
How do you attach a big grown toadstool though not a frag?
 
Same concepts, regardless of size. Just instead of frag plug use a piece of rock and choose a way to secure it. That thread I linked lists several methods
 
What would you guys do with it jjst attach it to a rock and glue that rock to the other rock structure
 
You can do that. It really depends on where you want to place it. I have mine on individual rocks. I like to be able to move them if needed. The large toadstool has grown and is now attached to two rocks but it can still be moved.
Lights haven't been on long so they look sad.
PXL_20241104_162743762.jpg
 
I've stood large toadstools up before by wedging the stock in between 2 rocks, it will attach itself to the rocks after a week or two.

I've also cut the stock so its much shorter and easier to balance on a rock, then just secure it in place with a rubber band or net or something. It will grow back fast enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new