Attaching Reefbrites to Giesemann Stellar

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef Dork
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
hi, which type Reef Brite , lumilite bar, xho bar ?
assuming t-5 fixture ? or a hybrid?
did mine with t-5 hydroponic ,RB bulbs. lumilites, look good work great.
mounted to edges of fixture ,angled in to avoid spill.
WP_20210705_16_27_30_Pro.jpg
IMG_20220212_095713_067.jpg

sorry just lumi's on in pic.
 
hi, which type Reef Brite , lumilite bar, xho bar ?
assuming t-5 fixture ? or a hybrid?
did mine with t-5 hydroponic ,RB bulbs. lumilites, look good work great.
mounted to edges of fixture ,angled in to avoid spill.
WP_20210705_16_27_30_Pro.jpg
IMG_20220212_095713_067.jpg

sorry just lumi's on in pic.
The xho strips - they'll be flanking the T5 hybrid...
Screenshot_20220214-223557_Chrome.jpg
 
Did you end up doing this?
Yep. Easy to do and worked fine. I just drilled a small hole in the Stellar and used the stock Reefbrite brackets.

But it made the light massive so it didn't look great...

20220416_221328.jpg
20220418_195531.jpg
_DSF8103_copy_4680x2634.jpg
20220418_195757.jpg
20220418_195607.jpg

I ended up swapping the Stellar out for the Reefbrite quad kit.
20220919_100015.jpg
20220919_120232.jpg
 
Yep. Easy to do and worked fine. I just drilled a small hole in the Stellar and used the stock Reefbrite brackets.

But it made the light massive so it didn't look great...

20220416_221328.jpg
20220418_195531.jpg
_DSF8103_copy_4680x2634.jpg
20220418_195757.jpg
20220418_195607.jpg

I ended up swapping the Stellar out for the Reefbrite quad kit.
20220919_100015.jpg
20220919_120232.jpg
That’s why I have a canopy, to hide my lighting monstrosity of orpheks, reef brites, T5, and Reefi.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new