Australophyllia Wilsoni care

Lightspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colourful Wilsoni is a temperate water species and will bleach out if you go putting it into a warm tropical water tank. The temperate and very colourful Wilsoni should be kept at 21-23c as a max guide, if you are going to keep these you must acclimate for a long period, but i would not suggest keeping these even at 23c, this is going to screw your other corals which are no doubt tropical climate. So the pics in this thread, i do not believe are from trace element parameters so much or lighting, it's simply your environment is just far to warm. Unless the colony has been acclimatized previously and has not bleached out, i would be wary of purchasing these beauties.

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colourful Wilsoni is a temperate water species and will bleach out if you go putting it into a warm tropical water tank. The temperate and very colourful Wilsoni should be kept at 21-23c as a max guide, if you are going to keep these you must acclimate for a long period, but i would not suggest keeping these even at 23c, this is going to screw your other corals which are no doubt tropical climate. So the pics in this thread, i do not believe are from trace element parameters so much or lighting, it's simply your environment is just far to warm. Unless the colony has been acclimatized previously and has not bleached out, i would be wary of purchasing these beauties.

That's 69F to 73F for us in N. America. :p

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back