Auto Shut Off valve question

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an RO (Reversed Osmosis ) system under the sink for drinking. It has a 2 gallon tank reservoir with an ASO to shut the input water off when the reservoir tank is full. I replaced the ASO recently but I notice the RO waste water keeps running. If I manually close the valve to the reservoir tank then the RO waste water stops running after a few seconds; if then I open the valve to the reservoir then the RO waste water will not come out any more until I drain some of the water from the reservoir tank. It feels like the ASO will not be strong enough to shut the water input by it self. Defective ASO?
Is there a better quality ASO I can buy ?

thenetmall_2269_9267816

Thank you

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first thing that came to my little pea-brain was water pressure. What is your incoming water pressure?

Otherwise, I'd consider expert comments from @Buckeye Field Supply or @AZDesertRat .

OP
OP
ngvu1

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water pressure coming in is 60-65 (I will double check) I have a water regulator so unless it is not working.....or the water pressure might have dropped.

Thank you

coral-boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue and it was my water pressure and was also told by the the place I got it from is it could also take 15 minutes for the pressure to build up enough. I had to turn the pressure down a bit and now it shuts off totally within a few minutes.

OP
OP
ngvu1

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first moved in, I didn't have the water regulator and the water pressure was 85, I think it is still 85. I, I meant hired someone to do it :), installed the water regular like 3 years ago....If I didn't have the issue with the ASO back then when the pressure was 85, how is it going to fix the issue now by turning down the pressure further.......Turn the pressure up?
But the water pressure has been 55-65 for the last 3 years, this issue just happens recently. I don't think the issue was there when I first installed the ASO which was 10/22/2016.... I think I got a bad ASO.....:-(

I had the same issue and it was my water pressure and was also told by the the place I got it from is it could also take 15 minutes for the pressure to build up enough. I had to turn the pressure down a bit and now it shuts off totally within a few minutes.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back