Under Sink RODI - Pressure Tank?

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a utility sink in my laundry room that I am considering putting a RODI in. I am not a plumber, can could I route this to my cold water line, route waste to laundry waste and good RO water to a pressure 4-5 gallon tank?

There there any examples of this?

Ideally, I would take the RO water from tank every few days and add to reservoir. I am onlh looking to have 15-20 gallons of RO on hand at any given time

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know, those tasks are for ro water, not rodi. I believe i read that deionized water will degrade the diaphragm inside(possibly contaminating water). You can absolutely use it between the membrane and di cartridges(use a "T" fitting)

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a utility sink in my laundry room that I am considering putting a RODI in. I am not a plumber, can could I route this to my cold water line, route waste to laundry waste and good RO water to a pressure 4-5 gallon tank?

There there any examples of this?

Ideally, I would take the RO water from tank every few days and add to reservoir. I am onlh looking to have 15-20 gallons of RO on hand at any given time
Are you talking about storing RODI water in an expansion tank? Like you would have after a water heater? Not really sure what you are meaning.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back