Auto Shut Off Valve

Raheel-82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have installed the autoaqua solenoid valve to the out line of the carbon filter of my rodi unit and I have set the autoaqua auto shut off on a timer.

The out line of the carbon filter goes to the diaphragm pump and from the pump the line goes to the membrane.

I have set the auto shut off to start filling my reservoir once a week on a Saturday for 20 minutes. My question is that I have to leave my rodi unit powered on always if using the auto shut off and the diaphragm pump is always running since the rodi unit is always on. Will the continuous running of the rodi unit spoil the diagram pump as it is always on and working. Pls let me know as I don’t want to take a chance. Pls advice.

Thanks everyone.

OP
OP
R

Raheel-82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you pls let me know how I can do that because the power goes through a supply that directly connects to the diaphragm pump. I use a vyar rodi unit. Thanks.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is an auto shutoff valve that when theres a certain back pressure then it cuts flow in. You can also use the solenoids to turn off flow.
Dont leave the pump on 24/7 im unsure hoe you have it all connected but seems like it would wear the pump out and potentially the rodi unit

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my booster pump as a kit. It has a high pressure shut off switch. When the float in my rodi storage closes the pressure in the rodi unit increases shutting the pump off. There is a check valve between the membrane product line and the high pressure switch that keeps it pressurized so it stays off. My solenoid is at the input of my rodi, my booster pump and solenoid are both powered by the same transformer. So when the float close it shuts the pump off and shuts down the supply line.

Edit.
If you have the solenoid on a timer you can probably put the booster pump on the same timer.

OP
OP
R

Raheel-82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of a quick sense digital timer that will automatically start the pump and once it does it’s job it will shut it.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
R

Raheel-82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Thanks for replying to my questions. I have successfully set the rodi unit and the solenoid (Auto shut off ) on a digital timer. The Solenoid is connected to the out line of the carbon chamber of my rodi unit which then goes through the booster pump and then from the booster pump the line comes to the di chamber.
The digital timer Powers on the rodi unit at the time I have set. Everything is sorted.

My only question is the tcreep. When the Solenoid kicks in after the digital timer powers on the rodi unit. I have the tds creep which starts from 4 and then goes down to 0 in a span of 3/5
Minutes. This is the same thing that happened before the solenoid and auto shut off. The only difference was I used to wait for the tds to drop to 0 and then manually connect the di line to my reservoir.

Pls let me know how do I get 0 tds going to my reservoir after everything is automatic now.

I checked some YouTube videos. Where it said running the rodi unit continuously will eventually end up giving 0 tds? but this will surely burn my booster
Pump or did they mean to keep the rodi unit powered on and out the booster on the electronic timer in that way once the booster goes on and the solenoid kicks in I will get 0 tds from the word go. Pls guide. I am confused and sorry for the long message. I had to make everyone reading this post understand.

Thanks for help.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back