auto water change

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is totally new to me (don't laugh at my drawing lol's).
Mixing station, RO unit and water change containers will be in garage. RO plumbed to water heater, waste water going out the vents to front yard (water grass!)

I think I'm going to use 2 32 or 20 gal brutes for the auto water change. I'll have to pump the salt water waste out when full as no drains. I know I can just use the two water storage containers but part of me is afraid of 65 gal mistakes or failures. I can control a bit more this way. Even using 20 gal for fresh salt water and 32 gal for waste water.

Plan to use the neptune dosers and also the ato (on the sump? For redundancy?

Will have a conduit going through the wall from garage to my office (on other side) for all water 1/4" RO Tubing . Might be possible to go from office to the washer drain for waste water (also on other side of one wall). That would be easier if possible.

Does this drawing make sense? Do I have the concept right?

water change tank.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly - no it doesn't make sense. (to me). Not sure what 'laundry room' is supposed to represent? - since its not connected any way to the system? Not sure what the read H means (Heater?) or the Blue W in the grey area? I assume you dont mean for the tank water to be going through the RO unit? But where the RO unit is relative to the pipes does not make sense (to me)... The 2 tanks on the stand - S and W - have no pipes/tubing going in or out of them. I apologize - in general it does not make complete sense (you asked). I would somehow (using flexible tubing, etc - put your waste water into a floor drain.

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense to me.
Only suggestion is to drop your WASTE WATER line into the WASTE water drIan on your washer machine. No need for a Waste bucket. Drop your RODI waste line down the same drain.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan on using the DOS awc task, you need to reverse the tank remove and waste lines since the old water dos rotates backwards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210629-195747_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210629-195747_Chrome.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly - no it doesn't make sense. (to me). Not sure what 'laundry room' is supposed to represent? - since its not connected any way to the system? Not sure what the read H means (Heater?) or the Blue W in the grey area? I assume you dont mean for the tank water to be going through the RO unit? But where the RO unit is relative to the pipes does not make sense (to me)... The 2 tanks on the stand - S and W - have no pipes/tubing going in or out of them. I apologize - in general it does not make complete sense (you asked). I would somehow (using flexible tubing, etc - put your waste water into a floor drain.
I didn't include plumbing from one tank to the other as I haave a clear idea how that works. The "H" is for the heat/furnace unit, "W" for water heater. The laundry room is just that. The door from the garage (next to heating/water heater). Just shows relation of the setup to my office which shares a wall with garage and laundry room.

I don't have a floor drain and it would cost thousands. My choice is a 32 gal brute or go thru wall from office into Laundry room and use the washer drain.

I had lines from the RO to the containers. They disappeared! New RO would be plumbed to the water heater pipe, and into the RO storage, and the waste water run through the vent in the wall (both water heater and the furnace have a vent drain to the outside but can't dump salt water out there)

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense to me.
Only suggestion is to drop your WASTE WATER line into the WASTE water drIan on your washer machine. No need for a Waste bucket. Drop your RODI waste line down the same drain.
I plan to see if that is something I can do. I hate to waste the waste water but that is a possiblity too, but in CA it might be nice to use it to water outside

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a long way, will your dosers push that far?
Not a clue lol's. I'm going to be discussing apex with the lfs guy who is providing the equipment and tank. Never have used apex or any controller except what comes with each pc of equipment. I've seen lots of pics of dosers in garage. Need to see if they need something else to help them work. Could also run the line down, under the door to the house (secured) and then through the wall. that way it is all downhill.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan on using the DOS awc task, you need to reverse the tank remove and waste lines since the old water dos rotates backwards.
Ah, I assumed like the dosing units they all go the same way. That is easy and I'm sure there are instructions (I sincerely hope) lol's. Thanks for this image!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't include plumbing from one tank to the other as I haave a clear idea how that works. The "H" is for the heat/furnace unit, "W" for water heater. The laundry room is just that. The door from the garage (next to heating/water heater). Just shows relation of the setup to my office which shares a wall with garage and laundry room.

I don't have a floor drain and it would cost thousands. My choice is a 32 gal brute or go thru wall from office into Laundry room and use the washer drain.

I had lines from the RO to the containers. They disappeared! New RO would be plumbed to the water heater pipe, and into the RO storage, and the waste water run through the vent in the wall (both water heater and the furnace have a vent drain to the outside but can't dump salt water out there)
Thanks - that makes more sense!! Curious - are you sure you can't drain somewhere?
Do you have a laundry tub? Where does your RO water (discharge) go?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not a clue lol's. I'm going to be discussing apex with the lfs guy who is providing the equipment and tank. Never have used apex or any controller except what comes with each pc of equipment. I've seen lots of pics of dosers in garage. Need to see if they need something else to help them work. Could also run the line down, under the door to the house (secured) and then through the wall. that way it is all downhill.
The Neptune pumps can pump a long way. You can have up to 200 feet of Aquabus cables going from your apex main unit.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - that makes more sense!! Curious - are you sure you can't drain somewhere?
Do you have a laundry tub? Where does your RO water (discharge) go?
I wish I had a laundry tub! contacted a plumber but too costly. He could have used the laundry drain (tub in garage on shared wall) but Code says the drain has to be within 30 inches and it is past that. I was bummed.

Right now, the RO unit is in the kitchen. I have the line in coming from a hose outside thru kitchen screen, and the waste water out the same window into the garden. I'm moving the entire unit into the garage.

The waste water can go into the furnace and water heater vent to the outside (front yard) so will use it to water the lawn.

Good to know on the neptune pumps and aquabus. Will need one for sure! Prob. get in July so I can test the water change station. Going to start clearing garage and order the 2 65 gal containers.

Back