Automatic renewal membership fees

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Moderator Help)
Since I did not get any of my questions answered before my charge was refunded and my access was taken back to normal.
If the questions were answered. I can no longer see them. So I'm posting here for answers please.

So on the auto renewal charges I have several questions.
1. What did the new charge of $40 get me? I'm assuming since I stated if the $40 dollars was for the 2 years I was good with that and if it wasn't then I wanted to cancel it. So since it was canceled that tells me it wasn't for the 2year. So what program is $40/year? I dont see in my account profile. I only see the $50/2 year and there is a 1 year for $30.

Can you please explain?

2. Also what is the process to cancel any re-occuring charges if you have the membership through paypal? Where is that located if you select not to re-occur when you sign up, where else should you make a selection?

Much appreciated.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I did not get any of my questions answered before my charge was refunded and my access was taken back to normal.
If the questions were answered. I can no longer see them. So I'm posting here for answers please.

Not sure what you are suggesting. Your ability to see and post never changes based on membership category.

All of your posts and any subsequent replies can be seen here (click on each thread to see replies):

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to your account. One can do this by clicking on your avatar up on the right by the envelope icon>click account details>account upgrades.

once at account upgrades, one will see the different account upgrades. Some upgrades have link to the benefits for that upgrade and costs.

1. What did the new charge of $40 get me? I'm assuming since I stated if the $40 dollars was for the 2 years I was good with that and if it wasn't then I wanted to cancel it. So since it was canceled that tells me it wasn't for the 2year. So what program is $40/year? I dont see in my account profile. I only see the $50/2 year and there is a 1 year for $30.
Were you a supporting member?

2. Also what is the process to cancel any re-occuring charges if you have the membership through paypal? Where is that located if you select not to re-occur when you sign up, where else should you make a selection?
Down at the bottom of the upgrade page, one should see a section to cancel there upgrades.

If you still have an issue, please reach out to a team member and we will help you.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you are suggesting. Your ability to see and post never changes based on membership category.

All of your posts and any subsequent replies can be seen here (click on each thread to see replies):

I was a supporting member when I found a post in the "members only" section in regards to the autorenewal fees and not being able to find where to turn them off. I posted my question in the thread as similar to above. The moderators returned my auto fee and took me out of membership. Thus if any of the questions were answered. I'm no longer a supporting member since my $40 fee was returned. So I cant see.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to your account. One can do this by clicking on your avatar up on the right by the envelope icon>click account details>account upgrades.

once at account upgrades, one will see the different account upgrades. Some upgrades have link to the benefits for that upgrade and costs.

Were you a supporting member?

Down at the bottom of the upgrade page, one should see a section to cancel there upgrades.

If you still have an issue, please reach out to a team member and we will help you.
Yes I had gone to that section and looked at the fee's and some where to turn off the auto renewal feature. I couldn't find it. The thread said check paypal account as well which I did. My account showed there was $30/year fee and a $50.00 2 year fee. Such as below.
Account Fees.jpg

The auto renewal fee i was charged was $40. Which doesn't show up at all in those terms. Hence some questions. I guess I missed the renewal stuff some where years ago, but still couldn't find where to cancel it. I have been burned financially a plenty times with auto-renewal fees or "autopay". I prefer to do that myself these days so there are no breaches in my finances or the oops sorry auto-pay messed up and charged my $1500 blah blah blah 3 weeks and we will get your money back to you merry-go-round.

Anyway in that thread I stated if the $40 was for the 2 year membership then I was good with that. So I think since the $40 bucks was returned. That meant I was charged $40 for one year and not like a $40/2year discount for being continued member.

Since I'm no longer a member. I dont think there is an option to see where to cancel auto-renewal now. But when I was a member before I was refunded. I snapshoted the following. It looked like my only option was to cancel the membership here.
account2.jpg

mrbee2828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also trying to cancel the autorenewal as I'm out of the hobby. I don't see it on the upgrade page and was charged $40 this morning which is different form the subscription amounts listed.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mrbee2828 If PayPal is the funding source then it has to be canceled through PayPal. At least that is what I had to do because like @mtraylor I do not like having anything on auto pay.

EDIT : When I became a supporting member I did not even realize I was signing up for auto pay. My bad as I probably missed it but I do not think the default should be auto pay but rather a one time payment. JMO

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also trying to cancel the autorenewal as I'm out of the hobby. I don't see it on the upgrade page and was charged $40 this morning which is different form the subscription amounts listed.
Well they didn't even bother to explain anything to me so I have no answers for you. After I brought it up they just canceled my subscription even though I had stated if it was a discounted 2 years I was good with the membership for $40.

So my guess is they are charging existing members 40/year renewal.

Just go to the membership only section and request to know anything about your your membership renewal and they will just cancel it. You will see my post there if it still exists to see if you are in the right one.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@mrbee2828 If PayPal is the funding source then it has to be canceled through PayPal. At least that is what I had to do because like @mtraylor I do not like having anything on auto pay.

EDIT : When I became a supporting member I did not even realize I was signing up for auto pay. My bad as I probably missed it but I do not think the default should be auto pay but rather a one time payment. JMO
This is correct.

When you sign up as a R2R supporting member, it's a subscription through PayPal, so to cancel, all that's needed is to go into your PayPal account subscriptions and cancel there.

The $40 is the old amount for the 2 year subscription, and anyone on that one would've been grandfathered in.

If there's a situation where you were charged and not intending to be, just shoot us a pm, and we'll get it taken care of for you. We don't want anyone to have any unintended charges.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that is the case. I had nothing in PayPal for auto renewal and had to wait long time to talk to someone in paypal about it before reaching out to r2r. I clearly stated on my thread I was good with $40/ 2 year and was promptly ignored by staff and my account was canceled. Felt like I was asking too many questions where my money went.

Anyway. That's all done now... I Just don't think any of this was handled properly for some paying members. JMO

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you please shoot me a PM with the receipt? Your account isn’t showing an upgrade and I have a receipt that shows you cancelled the subscription in August of 2018. I’m not showing any account upgrades for the account you’re posting under. Thank you.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think that is the case. I had nothing in PayPal for auto renewal and had to wait long time to talk to someone in paypal about it before reaching out to r2r. I clearly stated on my thread I was good with $40/ 2 year and was promptly ignored by staff and my account was canceled. Felt like I was asking too many questions where my money went.

Anyway. That's all done now... I Just don't think any of this was handled properly for some paying members. JMO

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience and lack of help you received! Please PM me with any questions you have about your account. Hope to make it up to you!

Thank you.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Hi! I checked and didn't see a message from you. So I'm not sure who in the staff you reached out to, but as @revhtree said, shoot him (or both of us) a pm. We'd definitely want to make this right somehow.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back