Avast Marine Kalk Stirrer K2

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon.

I just switched from a used Reef Octopus Kalk Stirrer (Got from my LFS to try out to see if I wanted to switch to a kalk stirrer), to an Avast Marine K2. When my pump kicks on there is a delay, where the water doesnt overfill into the tube and into the tank, probably 20ml-30ml at least. So when it turns on, instead of dosing 100ml it only doses 70ml. This happens every time it runs as well, not just in the beginning. Is this normal with this Kalk Stirrer? I shot an email to Avast Marine but figured I would ask if anyone else had this problem. I am using a Kamoer X1 to supply water to the Kalk Stirrer.

Thanks!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Takes a while to start due to surface tension of the water but should even out

I have the same set up but with the k1. Just a heads up, if you have a tunze Ato, put the kalk into the center chamber. The kalk film interferes with the optical sensor. Took me a while to figure this out.

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Takes a while to start due to surface tension of the water but should even out

I have the same set up but with the k1. Just a heads up, if you have a tunze Ato, put the kalk into the center chamber. The kalk film interferes with the optical sensor. Took me a while to figure this out.

They responded, thank you!

You know its funny, I noticed a film on my Tunze optical sensor when I cleaned it a few weeks ago because I was having issues. I will move the Stirrer tube to the refugium chamber.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back