Awc ro tubing 1/4” prefilters?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha whatttt where did you get that??? Looks like a mini reactor lol

My little contraption has been running since this early afternoon. I was going to calibrate my dos for the two tanks it’s on in the am but if it’s going to be a maintenance nightmare gotta rethink this…..
The issue with the set up you have is after only a few days the mesh screen is gonna clog causing your calibration to be thrown off within a matter of days. You will have to clean that thing every few days it’s definitely not worth my time

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you able to remember or find where/what that is?
Here is the part numbers for exactly what I ordered. Make sure whatever you get has no metal at all in the construction or filter.
E6686A72-F400-42AC-AB9C-69E0EAB45E9E.png

OP
OP
D

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here is the part numbers for exactly what I ordered. Make sure whatever you get has no metal at all in the construction or filter.
Thank you so much! OK awesome yeah it was from the same company I mentioned...

Yeah for sure im going to take my contraption out for now and get these... was concerned they only had stainless steel meshes, but I see all the other ones

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, interested in this. What is the path of the water through this? Does it flow outside in or inside out through the filter? Or does it not matter and you can run it either way?

OP
OP
D

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry one more question... why did you get different size micron filters?.... just curious... I just ordered two of them as is without extra filters for now...

You have two tanks and just use each one on the out tube? Im guessing no real need on the in tube... am I wrong> :)

(I have two tanks on AWC as well)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry one more question... why did you get different size micron filters?.... just curious... I just ordered two of them as is without extra filters for now...

You have two tanks and just use each one on the out tube? Im guessing no real need on the in tube... am I wrong> :)

(I have two tanks on AWC as well)
I only use the filters on the water being pulled from my tanks to prevent dos head clog up
I bought extra filters just so I can have all the micron sizes because I was not sure which one I would need and did not want to order a second time

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, interested in this. What is the path of the water through this? Does it flow outside in or inside out through the filter? Or does it not matter and you can run it either way?
The water comes in the canister on the outside of the screen but I do not think this makes a difference.

OP
OP
D

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I only use the filters on the water being pulled from my tanks to prevent dos head clog up
I bought extra filters just so I can have all the micron sizes because I was not sure which one I would need and did not want to order a second time
Got it! cool, how long have you been using them? any particular micron size you like best?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll throw a little loop In Here for you guys. I also t off of the filtered water from this canister to feed my refrigerated dosing system to ensure none of those dosers get clogged also.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it! cool, how long have you been using them? any particular micron size you like best?
Well to answer this question I used the red ones it came with and have not tried any others because they have worked perfectly for what I’m doing…

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need to make sure that all of your fittings and the canister is properly sealed so you’re not losing siphon every time your dos turns off

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will know you’re lines is not sealed properly when it is running and you have air bubbles being sucked through it

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not touched mine since it’s been set up and it does have a fair amount of debris collecting at the bottom of the canister that I could see that would’ve been passing through my dos or clogging it

OP
OP
D

danR777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’ll throw a little loop In Here for you guys. I also t off of the filtered water from this canister to feed my refrigerated dosing system to ensure none of those dosers get clogged also.
These are really cool, I could think of some other ideas with what to do with these... these are really small, I couldn't imagine putting carbon it , I guess it depends on how much you need

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well to answer this question I used the red ones it came with and have not tried any others because they have worked perfectly for what I’m doing…

You posted this solution to my problem as I started working on it. So thanks so much!

Just want to be sure I understand. You are using the PLS-R12T-PCE-20CP - "1/2 REG FNPT strainer with mounting tab. Poly top, Clear bowl, EPDM gasket, 20 mesh polypropylene screen (915 micron)" just like it arrived - no need to swap any of the other parts on the order?

I'm probably going to add push connect fittings if possible. Was it NPT on the thread?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You posted this solution to my problem as I started working on it. So thanks so much!

Just want to be sure I understand. You are using the PLS-R12T-PCE-20CP - "1/2 REG FNPT strainer with mounting tab. Poly top, Clear bowl, EPDM gasket, 20 mesh polypropylene screen (915 micron)" just like it arrived - no need to swap any of the other parts on the order?

I'm probably going to add push connect fittings if possible. Was it NPT on the thread?
Yes that is exactly what I used. Have not tried others the 20mesh seems to work just fine. Yes that is also what I did by adding push fittings. Yes npt. I have bought already but not had a chance to install 1/2 push fitting for the inlet to the strainer right now I set it up 1/4 in and out which works fine but I feel possibly added protection to have the 1/2 push feed the strainer to have even less chance for the line to clog. Strainer being 1/2 once inside the unit it will never clog or the outlet will never clog. I can only see the inlet one ever having issue so this will be my upgrade to fix this

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to update everyone with the issues Ive been having. Today is the second time that my filter setup has not prevented a clog somehow. I will say one thing thank god for the apex salinity probe and the fact I look at apex couple times a day. In November I noticed salinity graph had a huge upward slope so after confirming with refractor it was at 1.029. Turns out the supply line to the filter was clogged somehow I’m guessing a small snail. So replaced the small section of tube and went on with life as I corrected salinity over 3 days. End up losing few chalice couple days later. So today I caught it faster then last time seen apex salinity probe graph slope up to confirmed with refractor and of coarse it’s 1.028 to high. It’s too late for me to figure out what the issue is have work early so just had to turn awc off for now till I get a chance to look at it. Think I’m gunna run 3/8 or 1/2 to the filter if it turns out to be clogged again going to the filter.
Wondering how is things going for you guys?

Attachments

• 73A6B388-8696-4594-B384-3447C9F7D2C0.png
    73A6B388-8696-4594-B384-3447C9F7D2C0.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 13

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back