AWC with DOS Inspiration

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Ian Baxter

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
698
Reaction score
182
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 70-75g total water volume system that I would like to set up an AWC system using my Apex DOS. My mixing station is located in the garage and my tank in the room next to it. I would need to run the tubing along the wall at least 30 feet. Please show me your AWC setups and what I might need in addition to the DOS.
 
There really isn't a whole lot to show unfortunately. Mine sits on a shelf with tubing running to the salt water reservoir, the sink, and the sump. Very easy to set up and get running.
 
There really isn't a whole lot to show unfortunately. Mine sits on a shelf with tubing running to the salt water reservoir, the sink, and the sump. Very easy to set up and get running.
For whatever reason I am nervous to set it up and keep delaying. I also don't really know where I would run the old water to. Maybe outside as that would be closest. The sink is way too far.
 
For whatever reason I am nervous to set it up and keep delaying. I also don't really know where I would run the old water to. Maybe outside as that would be closest. The sink is way too far.
Outside would be fine as long as you aren't dumping salt water on your grass or anything. You could also set up another container next to your new saltwater and dump it there (you would obviously have to empty that as needed). Once you get it running you will wonder why you waited so long lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new