OP
OP
BAPrince

BAPrince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably won't be able to figured that out until the stand gets here. My vision is some type of lightweight material as a backing (pvc?), with maybe a little hook at the bottom to rest on the bottom tube, and then magnets to hold the top in place. Then put a decorative layer on the outside of that. The decorative layer will be mostly the boss's (wife's) decision, and I think she's leaning towards a horizontal wood finish... think wood flooring or the stick-on rustic wood wall finishes.

OP
OP
BAPrince

BAPrince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think she's described this to me... but there's plenty of time for her to change her mind (which I can't read in the first place!)
nursery2pic_1024x1024.png

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably won't be able to figured that out until the stand gets here. My vision is some type of lightweight material as a backing (pvc?), with maybe a little hook at the bottom to rest on the bottom tube, and then magnets to hold the top in place. Then put a decorative layer on the outside of that. The decorative layer will be mostly the boss's (wife's) decision, and I think she's leaning towards a horizontal wood finish... think wood flooring or the stick-on rustic wood wall finishes.
I really like the look of that wall.

OP
OP
BAPrince

BAPrince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUESTION OF THE DAY.... the tank will be sitting against a wall, and on the backside of the wall is the laundry room. I'm taking over part of the laundry room as a partial fish room. The sump will be under the tank, but all the controllers, controller board, power, dosing, etc will be in the laundry room. My thought was to have an opening in the wall ALMOST as big as the tank/stand, so that I could access the sump from there, do maintenance, etc. Seems like a good idea in my head... and yet NO ONE seems to do that... even when they have a dedicated fish room. Why not? For example, on the BRS360, why didn't Ryan just leave the back of the tank exposed. He went through a LOT of work to plumb it through the wall, instead of just opening up the wall, even though you wouldn't have been able to see the opening from the display side? Thoughts?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back