Baby Copperband eats pellets

  • Thread starter Thread starter bruno3047
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2021
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
783
Location
Central Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2-inch baby copperband that I’ve had for about a year is eating Hikari S pellets off the sand. Yep. Never takes the pellets when they’re suspended and falling, but after feeding time is over, I can see him scouring the sand where I drop some pellets for my sick gramma and also the main feeding area. It’s so funny. Every 10 minutes or so. He rushes to that spot on the opposite corner of the main feeding area, picks up a few and then comes back to the other side of the tank and scours the sand with the rest of the fish at the main feeding spot. Never thought it would be possible to get a Copperband to eat anything other than blackworms. This copperband lives on pellets and Hikari Mysis. Got him from Reef Beauties. Worked with someone there to pick out an aggressive-eating fish. He did a great job. Highly recommended.
IMG_0560.jpeg
IMG_0562.jpeg
IMG_0563.jpeg
Cleaning up where I left pellets for my sick Gramma

IMG_0564.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new